chapter 6

"Lady Hazel Mathews," Mr. Thompson echoed "what an unusual name, wherever did she received this name?"

"She loves telling the story, perhaps tell her when she is well," I said, avoiding any more talking with the man.

"Geoffrey!" He called.

The man appeared.

"Please prepare two rooms in my wing please."

The man bowed and scurried away.

"I really appreciate your hospitality sir, however can we repay you?" I asked truthfully.

"My kind sir, you have been robbed, no need to repay me, your well-being will quite suffice."

I nodded in understanding, and was about shower him with more thanks, when the man Geoffrey returned.

"The rooms are ready, shall I show them to their rooms?" He asked his master.

"Yes please, Geoffrey."

"Hazel, they have prepared you a room for tonight," I said softly to her.

I realized that she had actually fallen asleep when I tried to get her to respond, and all I received was a small groan.

I lifted her once more and followed the butler to a room. He opened the door, and I was able to set her down on the rich-looking four poster bed made of wood.

"A maid will be sent in to help her sir, now I will show you to your room."

I followed the man, quite reluctant to leave Hazel.

He showed me to my room.

"The Master is one door down, and if you need anything just pull the cord," he bowed and he was gone once more.

I walked into my room. It had a similar four poster bed, but unlike Hazel's room, that was furnished with light blue and white, my room was furnished with blood red and other dark colors.

I slipped off my socks and shoes, and took off my best. I also untied and removed the white tie-like thing around my neck.

I slipped into the large, velvet covered bed and drifted off to sleep.