chapter 31

Five years later

Dearest reader, we resume our story here. The events of in between are not exciting to go on about.
There was two weddings, three children and a small house built.
One of the weddings, yes reader, was Grey and my wedding.
It was simple and had few people. It was the eve of my 21st birthday, with our closest friends in 1812.

That year was definitely eventful to say the least.

The other wedding was that of Ben.
Reader, our dearest Ben did eventually find love after having his heart shattered to bits by his brother's death.

Before my marriage, he found a beautiful woman from India who was able to pick up those shards and glue them together with a glue made of her love and admiration. He met her in India on an excursion.
He instantly fell in love and brought her home.

Were any of those three children ours?

The answer is no.

Ben and Clarissa had three beautiful triplets.

They had a perfect blend of their mother and father. High cheekbones like their father, and creamy caramel skin like their Indian mother.

As I look back to my dear friends, I smile back with great joy.

It was the winter of 1812 when Grey and I had gotten a visit by the old Mrs Turnage, who was surprisingly still punching and kicking her way throughout everyone's lives.

A loud knock sounded at the door through our cottage.

I opened it to find a snowy Mrs Turnage.

"Come in!" I said ushering her in.

"Who is it bunny?" Called Grey, as he walked into the room "ah! Mrs Turnage, lovely to see you here today. Did you venture through this horrible weather?"

"Yes my dear boy," she said gruffly sitting down on a chair with a sigh, dusting the snow off her clothing.

I brought over the boiling water and put it in the tea pot.

"Why ever are we graced with your presence?"

"I want you two to take me up to where the late Mr. Thompson met his demise," she said bluntly, but the mention of the place brought sickening memories and a chill that I was sure wasn't from the cold.

"Why ever would you want to go to such a dreadful place?" I asked fixing up the tray with tea, my back towards her.

"I want to see where my granddaughter was last seen."

I almost dropped the cream at the mention of Elizabeth.

"You're granddaughter?" Questioned Greyson, stoking the fire with more wood.

"Yes," she said taking a sip of the tea.

"Why has this never been mentioned?" I asked setting the rest of the tray down on the small table.

"It's never been brought up in conversation," she said I to her tea "my dear it is comfortably warm in here!"

"There is not much to heat," I said referring to our two story, small cottage.
"But that doesn't explain why you want to go to the old mansion," I said returning us back to the topic.