chapter 29

- The Account of Grey-

When we walked the separate ways down the hallway, I sneaked a look back at Hazel, hoping to shoot her a reassuring look.
I turned just as her body went limp in the other guard's arms.

"Hazel!" I screamed fighting the guard restraining me.

"Don't fight it," the guard mumbled through his clenched teeth.

"I will fight it!" I said struggling against him "I will forever fight it! She's my person, and if you hurt her, I swear you will regret it!"

"We won't hurt her," said the guard, and I eased a bit "but you will."
He said this right before he plunged a needle in the side of my neck, and I writhed in pain, under his grip. I made an attempt to pull the needle out, but it was too late. Whatever was in that syringe was already in my bloodstream, I could feel the icy liquid moving in my veins.

The man released his grip, and stood by as I rubbed my neck.

"You will go in there when she wakes up," said the guard "tell her it was all you, you despise her, hit some soft spots and completely crush her."

I turned a looked up at him disgusted.

"Why would I ever!?" I tried to scream.

Instead foreign words slipped out of my mouth "of course, to crush her without physically touching her, it's a perfect idea."

I stood straight and I felt an evil look cross my face.

I had no control over my body, or what came out of my mouth.

"We will send you in when she wakes," said the man.

I wanted to scream at the man that this was so wrong. I wanted to run to Hazel and hold her in my arms and tell her that we would be alright.

I had to keep my faith, I had to help her keep her faith against these inhumane people, that hurt us for no reason.
I needed to figure out why they would do such heinous things, and how I could keep Hazel's hopes up.

I couldn't control my own actions, they were all negative, and I wondered if that was what had happened with these men in charge of hurting us.
If that was the case, I began to feel pity for them.

I couldn't understand the pain in my heart I felt for them. It was a weird pain that made my chest ache.

I felt the evil look on on my face, and I knew something horrible was going to happen when she awoke.
And anxiety filled my chest, and my breathing constricted with a sickening drop of my stomach.

····························

"Frankly my dear I don't give a darn," I spouted instead of apologizing.

The air in my throat seized and I wished that she could know how I felt.

She said she loved me...

And I loved her back.

She thought I was a monster however, and I could see the pain and betrayal in her eyes.
She had lost faith in me, and that's one of the things that hurt the worst.

After my body walked itself out of the room, I could feel my heart clenching, and my throat closing, to try and prevent my eyes from overflowing.

I had just betrayed and hurt my best friend. There were no words to describe the feeling that had encased my heart and stomach.
I devoured the last bit of faith the woman that I loved held onto.

That was me.

My own body betrayed me. It said words that were false. It hit a woman that needed shelter, not pain. It sneered with a disgusting face. It laughed at her pain.

It was unimaginable how opposite the actions taken by my body were from what I actually wanted to convey.

I wanted to let her know she would be safe.
Instead I made her fear even more.

I wanted to warm her with a reassuring hug.
Instead I slapped her.

I wanted to apologize.
Instead I insulted and estranged her.

How I wanted to cry, but this mask of my own face made a gruesome scowl.
My faith was draining, and I didn't know what I could believe in. It didn't matter however, I had to be strong for her.

I had to be the one that pulled us through. My strength physically returned, yet my mental state was a wreck. I needed to pull myself together.

For her.

Everything my energies would go to from now on would be for her.

I was sitting in the other room, when both of the guards came in.
The older man was silent, with a blank face. The other young man began speak with an evil grin on his face.

The injection had worn off a small bit in the hour or so I had been by myself, I could speak my own words, but my body was still commanded to sit as they had told me to.

"Please don't hurt her anymore," I said my voice breaking.

"We won't, but you will," he said evily.

"Why? Is it really necessary to do such things?" I asked confused.

"Oh, yes my dear boy it is," he jeered "Don't you see? She will break without you."

I made a disgusted scoff "this will end soon and when it does there is nothing stopping me from getting you back for this!"

He came at me with a laugh "it will end with you dead."

He picked up another syringe, and a solution, but was interrupted by the other man.
"May I do the honors?"

The young man paused, and an evil smile spread in his features.
"Of course old man," he gestured towards the table with the syringe.

The middle aged man walked to the table, but instead of drawing the liquid from the one bottle, he produced a bottle from his jacket and stuck the syringe through the cork.
He pushed the syringe and some liquid came out.

He then walked over to me and stabbed it in my neck, but whispered: "you'll be fine, when you go in their save her."

I felt the cold liquid go throughout my veins near my neck, and the pinch burned.
The spot began to swell some.

This must be...

"Salt water," the man mouthed with his back towards the young man.

It was a saline solution, and I was willing to play the part to get Hazel out of there.
They wouldn't wait or watch for me. With the other serum my body lost all its control.

The young man gave a half smile, a look of satisfaction on his face, and the older man gave a wink.

"So what is it you are going to do today?" Asked the young man with a cocky grin.

"Same as yesterday, until she breaks," I lied to him.

The young man ushered to the door, and I walked out, and to the room where they were holding Hazel. I unlocked the door and opened it, to find her asleep in a ball in the middle of the floor.

"Hazel!" I whisper yelled.

I repeated this until she stirred.

When she finally woke up and saw me, a look of terror spread across her face.
"I'm sorry I messed up, I'm sorry this was all my fault!" She sobbed, now standing in a defensive stance, arms in front of her body and ready to protect herself.

I walked quickly over to her, with a bit of determination. She flinched as I came close to her, but when I placed a rough kiss on her mouth she seemed more at ease.

"Come! We must get out of here!"

"Grey you're not going to hurt me?" She squeaked as I led her out of the room.

"Never again, I will explain what happened later."

We rushed out of the room, and down the stairs. We followed a few corridors and finally found the ballroom.

When we entered there was two people.
That we never expected to see.

Elizabeth and Lucas.