chapter 4

(A/n this picture is similar to Hazel and Greyson. Enjoy :) )

Greyson and I knew we had a long way to go, it seemed so close yet so far away.

As we trekked on, my breathing became even more shallower.

"Hazel, you okay?" He asked "you look more pale than usual."

"This stupid corset, I can't breathe," I took in a deep breath, and felt extremely faint "I need to sit down for a moment."

I didn't even think of the dress, before I plopped down on the grass growing on the side of the dirt road.
I tried to take long deep breaths to get the oxygen throughout my body once more.

"Alright, I think I will be alright," I said after a few minutes.

Grey helped me up, which caused a shortage of breath, but then we continued. I had to pace my breaths, but I was no longer faint.

We continued down the road for almost an hour or so, and made it closer than a mile, to the large house.

"What are we going to say?" Grey asked.

I thought for a moment.

"I'm Lady Hazel Mathews, and you are a family friend Greyson James, who was to escort me from France after my Father's death, to my cousin Eliza," I paused still thinking "a band of robbers stopped us about five miles away, and took our carriage and all our belongings."

"My pockets have some money in them," he said "won't they be suspicious?"

"I've got a change purse under my skirts that has tons of money in it. We could just say they spared us mercy by not lying a finger on us, and just chose to take the whole carriage," I said formulating a plan out loud.

"Alright,"Grey said "are you feeling any better?"

"Actually no," in said feeling the faintness growing again.

"What if once we get there I pick you up and then they will be live our sob story, plus you are not feeling well anyway."

I snorted "I highly doubt you can pick me up, I probably weigh about the same to a baby hippo."

"I don't think you weigh that much," he said rolling his eyes.

We reached the fence of the property. I snaked an arm around Greyson's neck, and jumped up a bit, and he picked me up and carried me bridal style.

"Look faint and tired," he whispered.

"Not that hard to do," I whispered back.

I set my head on his shoulder, and slightly closed my eyes.

"Here goes nothing."