Reality check, I am not yours.

Veronica

"Wear this you will look hot." Nicole threw a strapless black dress towards me. It was a little deep and my cleavage was definitely visible, it only reached my mid thigh.

"You got to be kidding, I cannot wear this, Ayan would kill me if he sees me in this." I said shaking my head. Last time I wore shorts to college he literally punched a guy for looking at my legs.

"And why do you care what Ayan has to say?" She said eyeing me. I knew that look. She was trying to tell me that I should not care about what he thinks or does or says to me. I cant just help it. I don't want to do anything that upsets him.

"Uh - I ju-st feel." I stammered. I did not know what to reply. I should not be bothered by what he has to say but I am. I do not want him to get upset. I do not want to upset Nicole too. A part of me knew she was right but my stupid heart was not ready to listen.

"Back to the world, Veronica and sit here and listen to me." I sat on the couch. This was the time when Nicole was going to give me the prep talk.

She does that when she has something important to say. She has a serious look on her face and she does not tolerate any sarcasm or funny comments in the middle of a conversation.

"Ayan does not get to control you. Even if he was your boyfriend he does not get to control you. There is no harm in dressing up and looking beautiful. We do not dress up for anyone. We just dress up for ourselves and you just have to remember that nobody controls you. I admire your independent nature. Please do not lose that?" She said that maybe in just one breath.

I was speechless. She was right I was indeed changing for Ayan. I was behaving like his puppet which was definitely wrong. He was my friend and he did care for me but I can not let his care or concern rule over me.

"You're right Nicole, let's hit the club today and we have to make sure that all the eyes were on us." I giggled.

"Aye Aye caption." She cheered. The fun Nicole was back. I liked her better that way.

"Do you think we should call Betty?" I had been having a good time with her and I wanted to take this friendship further. Also, I knew Sam would be at the club and I could help them gel up a little.

"Whose Betty?" Nicole asked and I totally forgot that I had mentioned Betty only a bit.

"She is the girl who I work with. Remember I told you guys that she helped me with the job."

She had a look on her face that she was analysing the information that she got and then suddenly when she realised she nodded her head in agreement. I quickly dialled her number and on the first ring she picked up.

"Hey girl. Whats up?"

"Me and one of my friend are hitting the club. Do you want to join? Sam will be there too."

"I wish I could come but I am babysitting my younger brother. I hate it so much. I have to sit here with this devil when I could spend time with him." Her frustration was evident in her voice about the fact that she couldn't be there.

"Its okay. We will arrange a special meet for you and Sam. Don't worry. You can take all the alone time you need." I teased her and I was so sure she was blushing.

"Stop teasing me. I really have to go or my brother will destroy my house. Bye." Before I could respond she hung up.

"How does she know Sam?" Nicole asked and I totally forgot that she was here. I wasn't sure if I should tell her about Betty because it was Sam's duty to do so.