Where is Ayan?

This chapter is dedicated to my friend Yesh❤ Thank you for the love and support you have given me. I am so lucky to have you.

Veronica

"Lucas? What are you doing here?" I said and I couldn't stop looking at him. His face was still the same but now he was a bearded man and not that cute guy I had known. He had completely changed and had become more good looking.

"Hi Veronica. How are you?" He said and I didn't know how to react. He was highly confused if he should hug me or not so I initated a hug to make things between us less awkward. The hug was just about few seconds and we pulled back.

"I am great. I just came to LA sometime back. I saw you from afar so I thought about saying a hi." He said but he was still very hesistant and awkward.

"Oh! That is amazing. How have you been?" I said and started to create a conversation to make it seem less awkward. I wondered where Ayan was. It was only him who would take me away from this conversation.

"Veronica? Do you want to go to someplace quiet? I need to talk to you." He said and I was very hesistant about being in any place alone with him. Seeing him bought back all the things that we had been through and I didn't want to see that phase again in my life. It was the most difficult thing I had to do and I don't think it would happen again.

"I don't think so, I am here with a friend and it won't be right towards him." I said and a part of me was lying. I am sure he wouldn't have a problem but that was one of my excuse to avoid him.

"Please. It is very important. Your friend will surely understand. It will be quick and short." He looked very sincere and I didn't want to be rude to him so I agreed.

"I have met a friend and I am sitting on a rock nearby. Call me when you want to find me, I'll send you my location."

I texted this to Ayan so that he doesn't worry about me. We walked towards the rock and I was very nervous about talking to him. I looked at him closely and saw that he had changed a lot. He had started wearing glasses but he didn't have the nerdy look. The beard and the glasses made him look hot.

Not hotter than Ayan my stupid brain said. There is no thought in my head that doesn't have him. It is weird about how I am so close to him. In not less than a few months I can't imagine a world without him, Nicole, Sam, Rebecca or Daniel for that matter. We sat at a rock nearby where there was a little less crowd.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" He looked down for sometime without saying a word. I was very confused, first he calls me aside to talk about something and then he is quiet. I didn't say anything either.

"I am sorry." He blurted out all of a sudden and it was magic to my ears. All these years I had convinced myself that he wasn't ever going to apologise and that somehow always hurt me.

"I don't want to list the things I am sorry for. I just know that the way I treated you was not correct. I am not giving you reasons or excuses why I did that because that would be wrong. I know that it must have hurt a lot and I promise you never to do it to anybody else." He said and it seemed so genuine when he was saying that.

Tears welled up inside me and I didn't know how to react or what to say. For years the pain was inside me had found a small space somewhere and I was sure never to get it out. Finally I let those tears out because it was necessary.

"Plesse don't cry. Please please please. I know that what I did was horrible and seeing somebody cry because of you is the worst feeling ever. Forgive me." He said and tried to calm me down but I just hugged him.

"Shut up. I know you were not the best person but now you are. Thank you for the apology. I never knew this day would come. I have nothing against you nor do I want you back in my life but thank you for this. This is a huge favour you're doing to me. Trust me." I said and broke the hug.