You haven't kissed him?

Veronica

"You still have to tell me why that guy is staring at you." Dylan asked for like the tenth time. My eyes were still stuck at Ayan standing on the gate.

He started walking towards us and my breath hitched. He didn't look angry or pissed. In fact he looked relieved.

I noticed that he was sweating and he looked like he was too tired. Why? It was early in the morning. He came near me and I stood up. We simply looked at each other and then suddenly he hugged me.

"Do you know how worried I was? I wake up in the morning and you're not there. Thousand wrong thoughts came into my head. I was terrified. I searched the entire hotel and then when the receptionist told me that she booked you a cab for here. I couldn't wait for my car so I straight came here." He said and tightened the hug. I was so stupid.

Of course he was scared I left without a message. My heart fluttered at the amount of care he had for me. He genuinely looked very scared just like I was yesterday night.

"I am sorry. I was just in a hurry and you were sleeping so peacefully. Yesterday night was so tiring, I did not want to disturb your sleep." He did not pull out of the hug and neither did I. It always felt just so comfortable and right.

"Does somebody still remember that I am still here or I should just eat my food and leave." Dylan said from behind and that's when I realised that he was here.

Ayan looked at him and then looked at me with a confused look. I had so many explanations to do. First I had to introduce the both of them, then I had to tell Dylan the whole story.

"Dylan this is my friend Ayan and Ayan this is my best friend Dylan." They both shook hands but there was an awkward silence between them which had to be cleared.

"I thought Nicole was your best friend." He said and then looked at Dylan as if telling him to back off.

"Whose Nicole now? Is she hot?" Can this guy just for a minute get over finding a hot girl and see the seriousness of the situation.

"Will you keep your mouth shut for sometime Dylan." I gave him an angry stare and he knew that it was his cue to shut up.

"Ayan this is my friend Dylan-" I was just trying to explain Ayan when Dylan interrupted.

"I am her best friend." He put more emphasis on the word best. He was always like that. Super protective about me and he hated the fact that I tried to ever give his position to anybody else. Little did he know that even if I wanted to I could not give this idiot's position to anybody.

"Dylan I am trying to make a conversation here so will you please just shut up and let me talk." I gave him a glare and he quietly sat back on his seat. Ayan seemed pretty confused about all this. I was sure he didn't like Dylan and he was currently too exhausted to give a reaction.

"As I was saying, this is Dylan my best friend since the last four years. I have known him before I moved to New York. Yesterday night he called me up and surprisingly he was in Los Angeles. I missed him so much so we decided to meet up. Today morning I was too excited to meet him that I forgot to inform you." He looked relieved by my reply. If not then it would have been really difficult to explain everything.

"I am so sorry. I was just scared. I just cannot see you hurt. I mean I don't know why. I know you thinking I am really weird. You're a grown up and you can take care of yourself and stuff but.. um" He was scratching the back of his head.

He was so confused and it made him look so adorable. He was nervous, I could see it in his eyes. He looked at me and I just smiled at him.

"I will leave you two alone. I cannot come in the middle of a reunion of two best friends." He made emphasis on the word best friend and looked at Dylan. Dylan groaned in reply and went back to eating his food. I could feel the tension in the atmosphere and I don't even know why.