I loved him

Ayan

I looked at her and she was already looking at me. These were the four walls I never wanted to see and by the confused look on her face I was certain that she felt the same.

In that moment something happened that I never thought would. We stared at each other for a minute and then both of us burst out laughing.

Loud. Really loud.

"If my mother came to know that her daughter was in a jail in Los Angeles she would freak out soooooooo much." She tried to say in between her laughs. Her laughing was such a magical sound to hear right now.

Admist all the things that happened today I am happy that she is fine.

"We should be really worried that we are in jail but instead we are laughing." I said while she was still finding it hard to control her laughs.

"Tonight was the longest and the most adventurous night of my life."

I still can't believe it. I am standing in a jail at Los Angeles and I am not panicking or yelling at the officers to let me out and I am laughing. Today is the weirdest night. I ended up from a hospital room to a jail.

Flashback

I walked towards that hospital room with hundreds of emotions running in my head. A part of me was delighted that I could finally talk to him and other part just prayed that everything would magically be alright.

I knocked on the door but nobody answered so I just peeked in and saw him resting. I walked inside looking at everything but him. My heart was pouding and I think I was sweating. I never get so nervous even when I pick up a girl.

"Dad? Its me, Ayan. How are you feeling now?" I said when I finally had the courage to say something.

"Ayan you're here. How are you my son? Come here and sit next to me." He said and he looked so happy. I could see it in his eyes about how much he loved me.

How cold had I become? Why did I not see all the love over the years?

I couldn't keep it inside anymore. I had to say sorry. The guilt was killing me.

"I am sorry Dad. I was very stupid. I insulted you and never took into consideration that I was hurting you so much. It was just that I missed you very much. I couldn't see you leaving us. I am sorry. I never tried to understand you. I am really sorry." I was already seated next to his bed and tears had come down my eyes.

I don't usually cry but this was all the years building up.

"I missed you too son. I love you so much and I loved your mother dearly too. Get up and sit next to me." He was trying to get up from his seat to talk to me and I helped him sit.

"You're right Dad. Cookie told me not to cry over the past and cherish all the time I have with you. I was so scared when I saw you lying here. I thought I lost you forever without even telling you a sorry."

"Cookie? Isn't she the pretty girl who was here earlier."

"She is indeed very pretty. She is very smart too and you know Dad she is really mature. I got the courage to speak to you and Mom because of her. She drives fast cars. I mean look at her. Who thought she could do it?" I noticed he was staring at me and smiling.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked completelt uncomfortable with his gaze.

"Nothing. I never thought my son would get so smitten by a girl. Its nice to see you in love."

I was completely shocked by this statement. I wasn't in love with her. What made my father think so? Before I could argue further on it the doctor walked in.