I wanted to pamper you

Veronica

Ayan looked at Emma and his eyes sparkled. Of course he did. She looked just like him and even a person who had just met them would spot that she is his daughter.

"Mumma, I forgot my blanket in your car. How will I sleep without it?" She said so cutely and frankly everything she says just makes my heart melt. Her cute little face looked so worried and nothing could ever happen to that blanket. She loved it. She gets attach to things too quickly.

"Sweetheart, its in my car. You take the keys and give it to Elliot. He will get it for you." I said and her face lit up. I took a look at Ayan and he was looking at her so lovingly.

Fear filled my heart. I didn't know what to answer him. I never wanted to tell Ayan about this. When I found out I was pregnant, I was terrified. I didn't want him to tell me to abort the child or worse like he didn't care at all. It would have shattered me.

Emma gave me a kiss on my cheeks and happily ran off picking the keys from my desk. This girl is always in a hurry.

She suddenly came back inside and looked at Ayan. Ayan couldn't take his eyes off her. He looked shocked. Emma slowly moved towards him and I was scared.

"What's wrong, Emma?" I asked in a hope of stopping her. She didn't say anything just moved further. She nudged his suit in an attempt to get his attention. Ayan bent down and for a moment they just kept looking at each other.

"You are very handchum." Emma said blushing and I just couldn't stop smiling at how adorably she said it.

"She means handsome." I clarified to Ayan.

"I know what she means, Cookie." He said not taking his eyes off her.

Cookie. That word.

For years my heart was craving for him to say that. Every time he said it my heart just melted away. Now, when I hear him say it again it swells my heart. My whole body felt this sudden rush and I knew I had to control myself around him.

"Her name's not Cookie. Silly. Its Veronica." Emma said and started giggling. Ayan had the biggest smile on his face and I loved seeing them together.

"You my lady, are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." Ayan said to her and gave her a peck on her hand. She blushed and ran away.

Ayan came back to his position still he had the biggest smile on his face and he looked so handsome standing there.

I really need to get it together. This is Ayan Brooke. The same guy who stomped your heart. The same guy who left you. The same guy for whom you were nothing but a bet. The same guy for whom your feelings were a game.

Everything he had done or said came rushing back to me in a second and I tried very hard not to cry.

"Who was that?" Ayan said and I didn't realise how close he was to me. I looked into his eyes and they were still that charming. It was shocking how he still wore the same smell. That minty fresh smell.

"That's none of your business." I said trying ti push him away. I took a moment to regain myself and remain calm.

"That's not the answer I'm looking for Cookie." He said as he clenched his hand in an attempt to stop his anger.

"That's my daughter." I said and I didn't even know why I answered him. I didn't want to see him worried or angry.

God!!! Why did I still care?

"How old is she?" He asked raising one eyebrow and I got scared. I didn't want to tell him she was four years old. He would figure it in a second that its his daughter.