He threw me on his shoulders

Veronica

It had been two days since I had seen Ayan. I was so happy to see his face that day. I never thought I would get a chance to see him again. My heart started beating the fastest the moment I saw him.

Everything he ever said, did, the way he touched me, the way he lifted me when he wanted to kiss me, the way he just couldn't take his hands off me, the way he found some instance or the other to kiss my forehead.

Where did that Ayan go? Was everything really fake? Those 15 days I spent with him, it really felt so real. Every thing he said, every thing he did felt like my heart would come out any second and it a minute he destroyed it all.

"Mummaaaaaaa!!!!!!" My daughter broke my chain of thoughts by jumping onto my bed. She had been my ray of sunshine these years. I didn't know how I would have gone through all that if I didn't know I had to work hard for her.

"What are you doing up, Miss Emaa? Don't you have to go to school tomorrow?" I said as I tucked her into my bed. I knew she wasn't going to go to her room now.

"I will but I want to tell you something Mumma." She said in her cute little voice and I can't get over the fact that she talks so adorably.

"Yes sweetheart, I am listening. First tell me, did you brush your teeth?" I said and I never realised when I turned into that typical mother.

Who am I kidding? I've always been one.

"I wanted to tell you Mumma that I am in loom." She said completely ignoring my question and it took me a minute to figure out what she meant.

"Baby, do you mean love?" I said and she instantly nodded her head in excitement. Kids these days.

Wait! Where did she learn about the term love? Is it normal for a four year old to be talking like that?

"How do you know about love? Who told you all this?" I said and she started giggling again.

"Aunt Nicole was seeing on TV. The guy kisses the girl and says I love you. Then they live in the same house forever." She said and I really have to stop letting Nicole babysit. The kind of things she is teaching my daughter! She should be the one answering all these questions.

"Really? Who is this boy? Who charmed my sweet sweet Emma?" I asked and she started blushing. My four year daughter was blushing. Can you believe it?

"The one at your office. He says I'm beautiful and even kissed me here, Mumma." She said pointing towards her hand.

Was she talking about Ayan? Was she charmed by him?

Of course he was! A father is his daughter's first love. Emma's first love was her father too. I mean who wouldn't be charmed by Ayan Brooke. I certainly did.

You were a fool don't let your daughter be one.

I loved how they bonded. I loved how he looked at her and I loved just seeing them together.

"What's his name?" She asked so curiously and I couldn't help but giggle on her curiosity. Now that he's back in our lives, should I tell Ayan about her? How will he react? What if he takes her away?

The thought of that scared me. So much that I suddenly held her and hugged her tightly. She wiggled in my arms and then adjusted.

"His name is Ayan. Now, no more questions. Straight to bed now." I said and kissed her forehead to say goodnight.

Tomorrow is a fresh new day. Let's hope it is a good one.

I got up early in the morning and got Emma dressed for school. This was the most satisfying job of my day. Being a mother. Its the most stressful job in the world but it is so relieving in a way. Just looking at her at the end of the day makes my heart swell.