XV

HOPE ABOVE 🔝🔝🔝

CHAPTER 15

Athena's POV

You know those times when you can't seem to remember what happened the day before.

Well that's me......every single night. I remember the day perfectly but when I go to sleep everything I dream about disappears. I wouldn't have found out but I am not stupid the first time I had it was when I was nine years old. It started going on and on everyday but I never knew I got it but then I figured it out with many doctor appointments, going to therapy, and my brother sleeping with me in the same bed to keep everything out. It frustrates me, its like your brain remembers something , but you don't and it's keeping secrets from you.

I know something is wrong with me, but I don't think of it too much. As long as I am not dead I am okay.

I groan waking up. The sun burns my eyes. I start hissing like a vampire and a snake. This is just great, my eyesight is poor and I am starting to get cramps! I groan once again sitting up. I lift myself up, but groan in pain when I fall down. I feel weak. I hate feeling weak.

I actually open my eyes and realize I'm not in the cabin anymore I am in a really fancy house. This room is beautiful.

I stand up waddling like a penguin

I stand up waddling like a penguin. I love penguins. With a strong passion they are beautiful non-flying birds that live in snow and are sooo cute. My whole room is about penguins. You might think it is a little weird,  but trust me it's not it's like asking a vampire to bite you not weird at all.

I wonder if Swedish Meatballs can help you talk Swedish.

Can they?

I start walking towards the door ignoring my body's shouts of protest. I groan once again when I bump into a table leg. I start bouncing up and down.

Damn that hurts like hell.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow" I whine jumping up and down. I pout with my bottom lip trembling.

I start to walk it off but wince when I attempted to. I look down at my foot and see there is a little gash. I pout once again when I see it is bleeding and stinging a bit.

I hobble to the door. Once I am out I see there are stairs and my frown deepens. I let out a huge sigh. I am not walking down those stairs. A brilliant idea pops into my head.

Ding dong. Do you hear that? That's the sound of success

I sit down on the top of the stairs and slide myself down onto the next step making a slight thump sound. I do it over and over again.