XVI

CHAPTER 16

Athena's POV

" J...Jacob, umm...heyyyy" I say drawling the hey part but in return I get a mean stare. Hope tugs on my arm making me look down.

" That's SUPERMAN why aren't you excited?" Hope asks confusingly making everything click inside my brain. I immediately get up and observe his ears and his hair and basically everywhere. He looks at me weirdly before gently pushing me off. I still look at him in amazement.

" I knew you were an alien" I say looking at Jordan and Blake while quickly rushing to them and examining them even though I have no idea what I am looking for. I felt a tug on my arm and I bent down to her eye level.

" I'm hungry " Hope says pouting and rubbing her belly. I smile because I was thinking the exact same thing. I scoop her up so I have her at my hip. She is really light. I look at Hope who is playing with my hair then I look at Jacob who gets my problem and leads the way to the kitchen.

What the flying monkeys!!!!!

This kitchen is HUGE!!!!

Gorgeous.

The kitchen is absolutely gorgeous and huge like seriously the whole kitchen is the size of a ball room. I look up in awe while Hope is still distracted playing with my hair. There are two people in the kitchen. One is a cute elderly lady and another is a girl about my age that looks like a orange with all the makeup she has on. When the orange sees us she jumps and runs towards Jacob clinging to his arm. Jacob, Blake, and Jordan are visibly annoyed. I turn my attention to Hope when her belly rumbles. I put Hope on the ground.

" Hope, tell Maria wh-" Jacob says but gets cut off, " FAITH how have you been" I squeaky voice screeches making me visibly cringe. Faith, really.

" My name is Hope" Hope says timidly making me automatically know something is wrong. I don't like the human orange. The orange girl comes narrowing her eyes at Hope before grabbing her arm with her really long manicured nails. Hope starts trembling with water filling her eyes this is where my temper rises.

" Look, listen, here Wolverine" I began removing her hand away from Hope and once I see those red nail marks on Hope's skin makes me lose control. " If you ever touch or even look at Hope I will so much ruin your face, well more than it is already ruined and don't you dare test me because I have the power of ripping your vocal cords right out of your throat if you even think of talking to Hope or me at all" I finish icily. I smirk in satisfaction when she scurries fearfully.

" Thank you, Raine" Hope says looking at me with big eyes making me melt into putty.

" Raine?" Jacob says cocking an eyebrow while Hope nods running to him and jumping up and Jacob was fast enough to catch her and carry her. They looked so adorable together, but it is still so hard to believe that Jacob can actually be nice. To be honest I actually thought he ate orphan children and kidnapping me didn't help.

" Yeah her real name is Athena, but her full name is...." Hope says trailing off because she doesn't remember my full name making me chuckle," Athena Raine Brynn" I say making Hope nod towards me.

" You kids sit down and wait I am cooking" The elderly lady I forgot was hear said she turned to me and smiled softly and grabbed my hand.

"Thank you for taking care of my children, my name is Maria, what is your name?" The lady says in a melodic voice. She is like my grandma, but the complete opposite. Yeah, now that I think about it she is nothing like my grandma.

" My name is Athena, its a pleasure to meet you" I say in the sweetest voice I can muster don't want to make a bad impression. Looks like I made a good impression because she smiles widely and gets back into the stove taking out eggs and bacon.