presidents, chinese, and makeout sessions

Requested: no unfortunately... plz send in requests 😭🙏🏼
Warnings: making out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Y/N's POV:

I hate history. I'm absolutely terrible at it. I can't remember dates or why all these wars started or all these fucking time eras. Oh and to top it all off I don't even know all the presidents.

I was sitting on my bed in my dorm with flash cards. They were the presidents of these lovely United States. They asked different kinds of questions like; Who was before/after this president? Who is the 16th president? What president passed this legislation? Etc.

"Okay... Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, uh..." I scratched my head as I tried to remember who it was.

A knock sounded at the door. I groaned and rolled out of bed and headed toward the door. I grabbed the handle and next thing I know I see my loving boyfriend standing before me with a brown bag, which I'm assuming is Chinese.

"Hungry?" He asked tilting his head slightly as a small smile crept on his lips.

"Oh my god, I'm starving." I said and stepped to the side as he entered. I was currently alone in my dorm so it was ok that he was here. I flopped onto my bed and sighed.

He took out all the food and gave me a box of chicken and broccoli. He lied down next to me on my bed.

"So what are you doing?" He asked as he took a bite of fried rice.

"The homework you assigned!" I said nudging him.

Did I forget to mention my boyfriend is my professor? Well now you know.

"Ah, your memorizing the presidents." He said with chuckle.

"Yeah. It's so hard..."

"You can do it. I believe in you." He said mocking this corny motivational quotes.

"Gah you know my memory is absolutely terrible!" I groaned.

"Well you need to know them." He said taking another bite.

"Why?"

"It's important to know the history of our people so we don't repeat mistakes of the past."

"Now you're sounding like some spiritual person."

He placed his empty Chinese box in the trash then lied right back next to me.

"Tell me," he said as he adjusted himself on my bed. "who was the 32nd president?"

"Uh... Truman?"

"You're close."

"Eisenhower?"

"No..."

I went to grab my flashcards but he put his hand over mine.

"No flashcards. Come on, I know you know it, you're so close."

I looked down at our hands. I bit my lip as i tried to think.

"Uh.... Roosevelt?"

"Which Roosevelt?"

"Franklin D. Roosevelt?"

"Correct!"

I sighed with relief.

"Next one."

"No, I need to study more–"

"16th president."

"Okay, everyone knows Lincoln is the 16th president, during the civil war."

"Aw my smart little angel." He said gently rubbing his thumb over my cheek.