=>A Day in the Life<=

"Paul, give me my ball back!", the 7-year old girl whined.

"Why don't you reach it, you dwarf!", the little 8-year old boy teased and held the ball higher.

"Ugh, you're impossible, McCartney!", the little girl gave up and kicked his knee hard.

"Ow- what was that for?!" He dropped the ball and rubbed his knee in pain.

"For being a huge-ass jerk.", the hazel-haired girl smirked and picked up her ball.

Something in the two kids seemed to click. They stared each other with hatred in the eye. But deep inside, they can't deny that they enjoyed each other's company, even if they always seem to fight at the end of the day.

"Kathy, come inside! It's getting chilly out there!", the little girl's mother called.

"James, get in here! I made hot chocolate!", the doe-eyed boy's mother cried out.

They both met each other's eyes, again.

"Well, I better get going. Mum's calling me." Paul spoke a little coldly. He didn't really want to go, but he couldn't show it to her.

"Yeah, me too. Bye.", Kathy responded with a blank face.

They both made their way to their own homes, which were just across from each other.

Paul took one last look at Kathy, and called for her.

"Hey, Kathy!"

The younger one looked back.

"What?"

"Dwarf."

She widened her eyes and yelled something back, but Paul quickly shut the door and kept on laughing. He loved annoying the little girl.

After composing himself, he continued to smile and was about to go up his room when his mother took notice of this.

"Did you play with Kathy again?", her voice ringed through his ears. He nodded.

"Well, that explains it.", his mum teased.

Paul rolled his eyes. "Mum, I don't have a crush on Kathy."

The mother giggled. "Oh, James, I know you don't."

He couldn't tell if his mum was being sarcastic or not, so he just shrugged and went up his room.

Kathy, on the other hand, was fuming. She may be smaller than the boy, but she was no dwarf.

"You giant, baby-faced jerk!", she yelled at his door, but he had already shut it. She went inside and slammed the door. She stomped inside and her mother took notice of this.

"Did you play with Paul again?", her voice ringed through her ears. She nodded.

"Well, that explains it.", her mum teased.

Kathy rolled her eyes. "Mum, ew! I don't like Paul!"

The mother giggled. "Of course you don't, dear."

She couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not, so she shrugged and stomped her way upstairs.