=>I'm Looking Through You<=

John was reluctant as his eyes wandered around the room she and Paul shared. His gaze fell on the bed and he scrunched up his nose in disgust, subconsciously, as images of inappropriate things they were doing filled his mind.

Kathy noticed this, and her eyes widened. "It's not what you think.", she remarked immediately, looking at John. John was surprised as well. He didn't expect her to follow his curious mind.

"We um- actually haven't done it. And I'm pretty sure not any time soon.", she commented light-heartedly, and John chuckled at this. 

Kathy liked how things were starting to clear up between them. Maybe John can change.

"Sit here." Kathy patted the space on their bed beside her.  John obeyed and sat down carefully. 

"So, where do we begin-" She was cut off by a pair of arms being wrapped around her tiny frame. He hugged her tighter and tighter. The young lady was still in shock.

"I'm- I'm sorry, Ka-Kathy. I didn't mean to make you cry like that. I- I know how it feels to lose a parent, dear. I do.", John sobbed into her shoulder. It was Kathy's turn to hug back.

"My father left us, as well. It happened back when I was nothing but an innocent little idiot.", he said. Kathy stayed silent.

"I don't know why he left us. Mum says he got simply bored of us and settled down with another woman. Up to this day, I can't help but blame myself and think that I was the reason he left. There are times when I wished I was never born so that at least Mum and Dad would be together.", he said, sobbing even more.

The lady pulled away and looked him directly in the eye. John looked vulnerable, something Kathy couldn't believe. His eyes were swollen and his lips were trembling. He looked like a child all alone in the mall.

"Listen to me," she said, wiping her tears away. "You are not the reason for all of this. Your father left you because he was a jerk. So was mine. He didn't appreciate you, and that's not your fault, John. What matters is how the people around you who truly love you do. Treasure them and fight hard so that you won't lose them.", Kathy continued, surprising herself with her little speech. John couldn't help but smile.

"Bit of a truth in there.", he said, earning a smile from Kathy. After a moment of silence, John spoke.

"You're alright, Kathy. I'm sorry I judged you immediately. Friends?"

She smiled and nodded. "Friends."

After this, John stood up and Kathy did the same, following him out of the room. Paul, who was currently in the living room watching the telly, landed his gaze on the pair.

"So... everything alright?", he asked hesitantly. Kathy and John looked at each other and smiled. The lad wrapped his arm around the lady beside him. 

"Yeah, I guess we worked it out." Kathy giggled at this.

Something in Paul churned. He didn't like how John cuddled his fiancee close and how Kathy wasn't budging. Did she like John?

"Ey, hands off my fiancee.", Paul said, cocking an eyebrow. He meant it as a joke, or was it?

"Geez, Macca, chill.", he teased, raising his hands in surrender. Kathy was confused at this. Why was Paul getting all worked up?