=>Till There Was You<=

They finally reached home and Paul unbuckled his seatbelt. He looked at Kathy to find her sound asleep. He couldn't help but frown.

"I'm the reason she fell. I'm such an idiot. Stupid Paul.", he told himself in frustration. He glanced at the lady beside him, and his expression softened.

"She looks so beautiful even though she's asleep.", he added. He brushed his fingers through her cheeks and pecked them. She didn't budge, so he let out a sigh of relief.

He got out of the car and opened the passenger door. He removed her seatbelt and carried her bridal style to the home, not without shutting the car door first.

He managed to open the door without dropping the woman in his arms. Paul laid her on one of the couches and set up the fireplace to warm her up a bit.

He quickly went upstairs to change and got a few blankets and pillows for him and Kathy. He descended the stairs and wrapped her in some blankets, while also placing a pillow beneath her head.

"You stay right there. I'm gonna make us a cuppa.", he told her, even though her eyes were shut.

He pranced around the kitchen making tea. When it was done, he sat beside her and waked her up gently.

"Pst, Kathy, darling. Wake up and drink this tea I made you, yea?", he whispered in her ear. Her eyes slowly opened as she shifted on the couch.

"Huh? Wha-", she said, sitting down slowly. Paul brought the tea cup to her lips, blowing on it lightly.

"Here, drink some to warm your body up. Careful, it's hot.", he told her. She sipped on the liquid and seemed satisfied, as she drank and drank.

The lad watched as she did this. Something in her made him stare at her and admire her features again, though she wasn't really at her prettiest state since she nearly drowned and all that.

When she was done, she laid back down and Paul set the cup on the table. He combed his fingers through her damp, brown hair, and sang to her one of his band's songs.

There were bells on a hill
But I never heard them ringing
No, I never heard them at all
Till there was you.

There were birds in the sky
But I never saw them winging
No, I never saw them at all
Till there was you.

Then there was music, and wonderful roses
They tell me, in sweet fragrant meadows
Of dawn and dew.

There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No, I never heard it at all
Till there was you.

He finished his song with a kiss in her forehead. He stood up to go to the bathroom, leaving Kathy alone for a bit.

Little did he know, she heard it all.