=>With a Little Help From My Friends<=

2 days before the big day...

"Hey, what's wrong?", Kathy asked her fiancé who was looking rather upset. Paul just shook his head in response.

"Tell me, McCartney.", she persisted, with a stern tone in her voice.

"I love it when you say my last name like that.", he replied, and Kathy turned a shade of red. She shook her head rapidly and faced him again.

"Stop stalling. Tell me what's wrong."

He sighed, and scratched the back of his neck.

"It's... Richard.", he finally responded, and Kathy sat up straight.

"What about him?"

"He annoys me, that's what.", Paul answered, and it was Kathy's turn to sigh.

"You're so jealous.", she teased, hugging him tight and kissing his cheek repeatedly.

"Stop it.", he said, but he actually just encouraged her to annoy him more.

"Oh, like you want me to."

"Why don't we go out today?", he suddenly said, and Kathy cocked an eyebrow.

"Can't."

"Why not?"

"I have to go to work. I've been absent for days now because of all the wedding preparations. I don't want to anger my boss.", she spoke, and Paul rolled his eyes.

"Oh, and you have a rehearsal to go to, Paul.", she added, tapping his nose with her index finger.

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll pick you up later. Same time.", he replied, wrapping his arms around her and tackling her on the bed.

"Hey! Stop! I'm gonna take a shower now!", Kathy whined, but she secretly loved it.

"Oh, hush. Like you want me to.", he replied, smirking. She wiggled out of his grasp and made her way to the bathroom.

She closed the door and turned the shower on, adjusting it to a warm temperature. She stepped in, closed the curtain, and let the water hit her body.

"I'm on the top of the world, looking down om creation and the only explanation I can find...", she sang.

"Is the love that I found ever since you came around... you're love's put me on the top of the world...", she completed the chorus.

"Y'know, you never sing here in the house.", a voice spoke, startling her.

She opened the curtain slightly to reveal a shirtless Paul leaning on the doorframe with a huge grin on his face.

"WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!", she yelled, and Paul just laughed.

"Well, I was gonna join you, bit then got distracted with your beautiful voice.", he replied, sending tingles down Kathy's spine.

"GET OUT!", she stated, pointing at the door. He raised his hands up in surrender.

"Alright! Killjoy.", he muttered, turning to leave the bathroom.

Until he suddenly strode towards her and kissed her passionately.

"You sure you don't want me to join you?", he asked, his voice suddenly sounding huskier. Kathy's eyes widened. Something odd surged through her body at the tone of his voice.

"I said get out!", she spoke again after composing herself. Paul just chuckled, leaving the room.

"Fine. Your loss.", he replied, and Kathy just groaned.