=>Misery<=

3 days before the big day...

"Paul, stop!", Kathy giggled as her fiancé tickled her over and over again. Paul, on the other hand, couldn't stop the smile from appearing on his face.

"Say it!", he said, his hands moving to her neck. Kathy practically sounded like a hyena.

"Sa- say wh-what?!", she asked, still erupting in a fit of laughter.

"That I'm so f**king hot and that you drool over my body.", he replied, a huge grin on his face. Kathy shook her head.

"I'm so f**king hot and you drool over my body.", she spoke proudly, her eyebrows raised and a smirk on her lips.

"Not you! Me!", Paul said, tickling her even more.

"HAHAHAHA! STOP PLEASE!", Kathy yelled, but he didn't budge.

"Okay, okay, fine! You're so f**king hot and I drool over your body! Now, stop!", she finally said,  and Paul did stop.

Kathy panted and put an arm over her head, exhausted with laughing. Paul just smiled while watching her.

"Oh, I could just imagine when we're married.", he commented dreamily, earning a smile from his wife-to-be.

"Yeah, which is in three days, may I add.", she replied, and Paul lay down beside her.

"I know, right? I could finally get to...", he trailed off, looking at her and giving her a dirty grin.

"Get to what?", she asked innocently, and Paul just chuckled.

"Oh my, you're so cute.", he responded, and Kathy just shrugged.

Just then, Paul's phone rang. He groaned and reached the nightstand to grab it. He looked at the caller ID and it read, "Johnny-Boy."

"Ey, what's up?", he said, getting up from bed and mouthing an 'it's John' to Kathy, who nodded in response.

"Macca, you've gotta head here now. I've got bad news for ya.", he responded, and Paul's eyebrows met in confusion.

"What? What happened?"

"Pete quit the band. We had an argument yesterday while we were rehearsing for your wedding day about his drumming.", he explained, and Paul ran his hands though his hair.

"F**k. I'll be over in a minute.", he said, shaking his head in annoyance.

"And also, Stuart left. He followed his girlfriend in Germany. Said he was gonna live with her or something.", he added. Paul just sighed.

"Wait for me there.", he replied, then hung up. Kathy noticed his face drop and hugged him from behind.

"Ey, what's wrong?", she asked, kissing his shoulder.

"It's Pete and Stu. They left the band! It's only 3 days till the wedding, love. How can we pull this off?", he replied, breathing heavily.

"So you're short of a drummer and a bassist, am I correct?", she asked, and he nodded.

"I can take over the bass. That wouldn't be a problem. But who's gonna drum for us?", he asked.

"Hmm... Well, I do know a drummer.", she trailed off, and they exchanged glances at each other.

"Who?"

-x-

"There he is! The big man!", John greeted Paul as he arrived at the venue. George was there as well, and he approached his band mate.

"Is he here already?", he asked, and the two nodded. Paul groaned in response.

"C'mon, now. We ain't got no choice, Macca.", John spoke, and George nodded.

"Yeah, and besides, I know him very well. He's a cool lad.", George said. Paul sighed.

"Okay, fine. Let's do this.", he muttered, and they made their way to the back where the instruments are.

A young lad with similar mop top hair sat behind the drum set, smiling and all. The other two bandmates seemed to warm up to him immediately, but of course, Paul, being the princess that he is, didn't.

"Hey, Ringo! You ready to rehearse?", John asked. Ringo held his drum sticks in the air and grinned as a response.

"By the way, this is Paul. Paul, Richard.", George introduced the two. Ringo smiled and held his hand out for Paul to shake.

"Yeah, we've met.", he said with a hint of irritation in his voice. Ringo withdrew his hand awkwardly.

"Okay, then. A- one, two, three, four!", John spoke, and rehearsals began.

-x-

The practices went quite well, to be honest. Ringo surprised everyone with his skills and creativity.

"Wow, I'm impressed, Ringo! You're a great addition to the band!", John said, giving him a pat on the back. Paul rolled his eyes.

"Oh, thanks, John. I did enjoy working with you guys.", he said.

"How'd you like to jam with us, y'know, officially?", John offered, and Paul's eyes widened.

"Yeah! You're really cool! And besides, we're short on members at the moment.", George added.

"Wow! That- that would be great! Thanks!", Ringo replied, and the other two grinned.

"Ain't this good, Macca? We have an official drummer now!", John said, turning to Paul. Soon, all eyes were on him.

"I gotta go. Kathy must be waiting for me.", he spoke, pretending to be busy with his phone.

"Oh, alright then. We'll just head out to eat. If you wanna join us...", George trailed off, awaiting Paul's response.

"No, no, it's fine. Go ahead.", he replied, smiling and leaving the venue.

Paul made his way to his car when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw the man that annoyed him so much.

"What?", he asked, obviously annoyed.

"What is your problem, Paul?", Ringo asked, but Paul kept silent.

"Kathy and I are obviously just friends, alright? Can you get over what happened before? I didn't even know you were dating!", Ringo added, and Paul just cocked and eyerbrow.

"How can I get over it when you're constantly around us?", he replied, rolling his eyes.

"Well, it's not my fault. Kathy asked me for a favor. As a friend, of course I'll comply.", Ringo stated.

"Friend, you say. Richard, maybe you're forgetting that I'm a man, as well. I know the difference between a friend and a crush.", he responded.

"You're the one giving meaning to everything I do, whether it's to Kathy or to you, Paul. You think too much." , the shorter lad uttered, earning a glare from Paul.

"And you pretend too much.", Paul replied. Ringo scoffed.

"You know what? I'm not having this conversation. I don't need yo explain myself to you. I'm doing this for a friend for her wedding. Nothing else.", Ringo stated, waving a hand in the air and turning around to leave.

"You know, sometimes I feel like you're pestering our lives on purpose.", he sassed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And sometimes I feel like you're acting like a d**k.", Ringo replied, shocking Paul. The newcomer walked even further away from him before things could get heated.

"That son of a...", he muttered, squinting his eyes at the new drummer.

Later, he received a text message from his fianceé.

"How was band practice, love?"

He rolled his eyes and typed in his reply.

"Peachy."