=>Birthday<=

"Is the confetti ready?", Paul asked John over the phone.

"Yes, Paul. It's been prepared since yesterday, remember?", John irritably replied.

"What about the flowers? Are they still fresh-looking? I wouldn't want to give her wilted ones!", the younger lad continued to rant.

"Paul, would you please calm-"

"The venue? Is the venue already decorated? What about the other lads? The instruments, are they tuned? Remember the part where we would perform the guitar solo first before we harmonize-"

"Oh my gosh, James Paul McCartney! Would you bloody shut up?!", John yelled, making Paul wince and pull the phone away from his ear.

"You don't have to f**king yell on my ear, ey! I'm just bloody worried about all of this.", Paul replied.

"Calm down, mate! We've got it all covered. All you need to do is pick her up from her work. Then just follow the instructions as planned.", John told him. Paul sighed on the other end.

"I do hope she likes it. I've never planned anything this huge for someone before, so I'm bloody nervous!"

"But I have, Macca. So take a deep breath, and we'll handle it. Alright? Just be yourself the whole time you're with her. She'd want that.", the older lad assured him.

"Thanks, John. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Aww, so sweet. Give us a kiss then, shall we?"

"Shut up, Lennon! Okay, bye.", Paul hung up, chuckling afterwards.

He was currently parked outside the Cavern Club, waiting for Kathy to come out. While he sat at the car, he fiddled with his hands, something he usually did when he was nervous.

"I feel I'm about to piss my pants.", he muttered to himself.

Alas, the familiar brown locks of a certain young lady came into view, and as she saw the car, she was met with confusion at how early the lad was.

"Hey, how long have you been here?", she said as she made her way to the car. Paul immediately got out and opened the door for her, making a tint of red appear on the woman's cheeks.

"Um, not long. We've just finished our show so I decided to head here.", he said, trying his best to stay composed. Kathy nodded and put her seatbelt on.

"Um, you look pretty today.", he muttered while driving, his eyes fixed on the road. Through peripheral vision, he saw her glance at him and smile a bit, quickly looking to the opposite direction afterwards.

"Thank you. You're dressed up as well. What's the occasion?", she inquired.

"Like you have no idea.", he thought.

"Like I said, we've just finished our show. So these are what the stage managers made us wear.", he said blankly, never taking his eyes off the road.

Kathy on the other hand, felt a bit hurt at his words. But not wanting to be melodramatic about it, simply shrugged it off and looked at the scenery on her side.

"Could he really not remember?", she thought to herself.

But when unfamiliar buildings came to her view, she was puzzled.

"Um, Paul, I think you missed a turn there.", she said, looking at the boy beside her.

"Oh, I thought we could pick up my bass guitar from the studio we practice in. I want to change its strings.", he replied to which the girl just sighed and nodded to.

When they finally reached the area, Paul stepped out of the car and took out the blindfold from his inner jacket pocket.

Kathy stepped out, as well and was surprised when a piece of cloth covered her eyes.

"What the- what is this, Paul?"

"Shhh! Just go with the flow.", he said, tying it around her head tightly.

"I thought we were gonna pick up your bass-"

"Change of plans. Now, let's go, go, go!", he said, grabbing her hand and guiding her towards the place he had prepared for her.

Kathy sniffed the air and the aroma of newly-cooked meat filled her nostrils. She could also hear the faint sound of a band playing.

"Where are we, Paul-"

She was cut off by a pair of lips pressing against hers and arms being wrapped around her waist.

"If you don't stop asking me questions, I'd just keep cutting you off. Understood?", he asked. She simply nodded and they continued walking.

Kathy accidently stepped on a twig and that made her stumble a bit.

"Ow.", she muttered, catching Paul's attention. He just shook his head in amusement.

"Klutz."

They finally reached the dinner table and Paul guided her to her seat, then took a seat as well. He gestured for the waiter to remove her blindfold, and Kathy took a minute to take in her surroundings.

"Oh my gosh! Paul! What is this?", she said in awe, her head twisting and turning at the wonderful view around her. There were lights everywhere.

As her eyes scanned for Paul, the lad made his way to the mini stage and put the strap of his bass guitar around his neck. The other band members were there, too, all dressed up and looking sharp.

"Paul, what are you doing?"