=>All You Need is Love<=

Paul came back shortly after, still finding his fianceé asleep. He just let out a sigh as he gazed at her.

"She looks so weak and it's all my fault. I'm such an ass."

He sat beside her on the couch and gently ran his fingers through her soft hair, humming a tune from one of their songs.

Just then, his phone rang.

"Who could this be now?", he wondered, answering the call without looking at the screen.

"Hello?", he said.

"Hey, Paulie! How's it going with your wife-to-be?", his stepfather greeted.

"Fine. What do you want?", he asked, enthusiasm not evident in his voice.

"Nothing, lad. Just checking up on you both. Is the house alright? Are you both comfortable in it?"

"Yeah, we're both fine. I'd call Mum if things weren't alright.", Paul replied. Samuel sighed at this.

"Paul, why are you always being like this? All I've ever done was provide for you and your mum. I've loved your mum with all my heart, and treated you as my own son. Can't you at least show me a little affection as well?", Samuel said softly.

"Wow, you're really bringing this up? Who told you to come barging into our lives in the first place, huh? When my dad died, sure it hurt like hell, but I didn't ask for your pity or anyone's! So don't go and speak like some sort of hero because you are not! You are not and never will be my father!", Paul yelled, and tears were threatening to fall from his eyes.

"I'm so tired of pretending like I'm alright with your marriage just for Mum's sake!", Paul added and hung up on the older lad, breaking down into tears.

He hugged his knees, and just sobbed and sobbed. It's been a while since he talked about his father. They were really close back in the day, doing everything together. For Paul, he was the best dad in the world.

When his father was diagnosed with cancer when he was just 15, he didn't know what to do. He started getting depressed and being lonesome. The only people he could really connect with was his mum.

"You will never match up to my father.", he whispered in between sobs.

Kathy, after listening to the whole conversation, sat up and hugged the broken lad. Paul was surprised at this, wiping his tears with haste. If it's one thing he hated, it was to be vulnerable infront of others.

"Oh, didn't know you were awake, love.", he said, trying hard to seem okay.

"You don't have to hide, Paul. I heard everything.", she replied.

His eyes widened in shock. "What? You did?"

She nodded and hugged him. "It's okay to let it all out, Paul. You can trust me."

The boy bowed down and sniffed. Kathy lifted his chin up with her finger, making him meet her gaze.

"Paul, being vulnerable is nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes, people need to release all of their locked up emotions to truly move on in their lives.", she stated. Paul nodded.

"Yeah, I guess so."

The girl smiled and stood up to get cups of coffee for the both of them when Paul grabbed her hand.

"Where are you going?"

"Getting us some coffee."

He shook his head. "Stay. Your presence is much more warming than a hot mug of caffeine."

Kathy was slightly flushed at this and sat back down, letting the boy embrace her in his arms. For some reason, she felt protected and safe. Like nothing could get to her.

Paul, on the other hand, felt loved and cherished. He felt good knowing someone actually cared for him, aside from his mum.

"Oh, Kathy. The things you do to me.", he mumbled.