=>Blackbird<=

As Kathy heard those words from the man she once thought loved her genuinely, she left the parking lot and as if on cue, rain started pouring down on the poor girl.

She came upon an intersection, and an idea crossed her mind; an idea that she had sparked in her head many years ago during her pubescent period; an idea which she thought was a quick solution to all her problems.

She saw an automobile from the distance, speeding with its lights on. There was this urge to step forward already, but something was stopping her.

She had to make her decision quick, for the car was nearing her position.

Kathy closed her eyes and yelled, "F**k it! He doesn't care about me anyway!"

She walked across the road, and a few seconds later, the speeding vehicle hit her small frame, sending her flying to the opposite direction.

The driver was appalled at this, and he immediately halted the car, then got out, seeing the woman bleeding everywhere. He made his way towards her,and checked for a pulse. Unfortunately, there wasn't. He then frantically dialed the emergency number on his phone.

"Hello? Yes, emergency! Please come to Denver Avenue! A woman suddenly crossed the road and I accidentally hit her with my car. Hurry please!", said the driver.

A few minutes later, an ambulance arrived. They made some checks on her, then laid her on the stretcher.

"Hurry up! She has no pulse and she's bleeding heavily! We might have lost her!", the nurse ordered.

Then, the machine suddenly made a long beeping sound, and the monitor had a straight line on it.

"Sh*t! Gas it, dammit!", said the nurse.

They reached the hospital, and the nurse immediately checked Kathy's phone for people to contact. He found a contact name which read "Mi Amoré", and he dialed it immediately.

"Kathy?", Paul said. "Look, I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I didn't mean any of it-"

"Sir, this is Daniel Hughman from the Glenview District Hospital.", the nurse cut him off.

"Your fianceé has been rushed to the hospital after being involved in a car accident. Please hurry. We are currently trying to revive the victim.", added the nurse.

"WHAT?! I'm on my way right now!", Paul yelled, and hung up. He hailed a taxi and told the driver where to go.

As soon as he reached the hospital, he paid the driver and ran out of the cab. He entered the facility while sobbing, and asked the nurse at the information desk about a certain Kathy James.

"Sir, I-"

"Excuse me, sir. Are you her fianceé?", the nurse who spoke to Paul on the phone asked softly.

"Yes, yes, I am! You're Daniel? Where is she? Is she alright?! Tell me!", Paul said while grabbing his shoulder and shaking him violently.

"Sir..."

"What?!"

"Sir, I'm sorry. She didn't make it."
Those were words Paul dreaded to hear. He froze up, ran his hands through the air and fell to the ground.

"She suffered from severe blood loss, sir. Also, her skull was cracked and her spinal cord snapped due to the heavy impact.", the nurse added.

Paul didn't know what to feel. He lost her. He couldn't believe it.

Daniel put his hand on his shoulder and sighed heavily.

"We tried everything, sir. We are deeply sorry."

Paul said nothing. He just knelt there, with his bloodshot eyes and clenched fists.

"I didn't even get to apologize.", he said, tearing up.

Daniel knelt down as well and rubbed his back. "I found this ring on her finger. Maybe this is yours?", he asked, handing him the ring.

Paul held it in his hands and cried harder. The mere sight was heartbreaking. The nurse at the information desk witnessed all this, and also came over to him.

"Mister, I heard that you didn't get to apologize to her.", she said, to which Paul nodded. "Well, I have one thing to say to you.", she added.

"What is it?", he asked, slowly meeting her gaze.

She leaned in closer and whispered in his ear,

"April Fool's, mister."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SORRY I HAD TO 😂😂😂✌️✌️

Updated A/N: (05/17/20) For everyone's info, I posted this chapter as a joke on April Fool's Day, if I'm not mistaken 2 years ago. I'm sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings, or made anyone sad. I got this idea from another story I read before, so I tried doing it in mine. Again, sorry and I love you all for supporting my story. ❤ Your comments make me smile every time. I may not be able to reply to everyone, but know that each and every one of your words are greatly appreciated. Long live, Beatlemaniacs!