=>It Won't Be Long<=

"Her vital signs are good, and miraculously, her damaged organs are starting to heal little by little. You should consider yourself lucky, Mrs. Adams.", the doctor explained, making the other people in the room beam with happiness.

"Thank you, doc. When will I be getting out of here?", she asked softly, but there was a hint of enthusiasm in her voice.

"Based on our diagnosis, you might be able to get out of here in about 2-3 days, since, as I stated earlier, your organs are healing much faster than anticipated.", the doctor added.

"Thanks, doc. For all you've done.", Paul said, and the doctor bowed his head with a smile.

"Just call me if you need anything.", he replied, and left the room with his charts in hand.

Another person stepped into the room, and she caught Mary's attention immediately.

"Mary?!", the woman remarked.

"Gina!", she replied, and Kathy's mum ran to her side. She had brought some of Mary's favorite food.

Afterwards, Kathy stepped in. She, too had brought Paul's mum some fruits for her to enjoy.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't able to visit sooner. Here, I cooked your favorite dish for you and your family to share.", Gina spoke softly, and Mary smiled. She missed her best friend.

"It's good to see you, Gina. It's been so long.", she replied. Her eyes landed on Kathy and her jaw dropped a bit.

"My, my, Kathy, is that you?", she asked, and the young lady nodded, a blush forming on her cheeks.

"You've gotten prettier, if that is even possible.", she commented, and the rest laughed.

"Thank you, Aunt Mary. I'm glad you're getting well.", Kathy responded. Mary smiled.

"Well, you might wanna drop off the 'aunt' title, dear. You can call me 'mum' as well, ain't I right, Paul?", she spoke, looking at Paul and winked. Paul was flustered and that made them chuckle again.

"So, when's the wedding?", Mary inquired again. She didn't seem to run out of questions.

"Mum, I think we should focus on getting you out of here first.", Paul butted in, but Mary shook her head.

"No, Paul! You must plan your wedding ASAP so that when I get out, everything is sorted already!", she replied, earning a smile from the engaged couple.

"Yes, okay, Mum.", Paul said, calming his mum down. Kathy chuckled at his actions.

The two women got engrossed in their own little conversation. Samuel was about to leave the room but was pulled back by Gina, prompting him to join them in conversation.

"Let's get outta here while they're busy chatting.", Paul whispered in Kathy's ear.

Before she could even speak, he grabbed her arm and led them out of the room.

"Where are we going?", she asked, in between laughs.

"Shush."

They continued walking until they reached their car. Paul still remained silent about their destination, and it was driving Kathy crazy.

"C'mon, Paul. Don't be like this.", she whined, but he just snickered.

They finally stopped in front of a park named 'Strawberry Fields.' Kathy's eyebrows met in confusion.

"Um, what are we doing here in the local park, Paul?", she asked, but Paul still didn't say a word. Instead of a reply, he gave her a small smile.