12) Daughter Blogger

#12ImaginesOfChristmas

🎄

Daughter's POV

Mom and I were running late. We had both over slept and hadn't even eaten breakfast yet. I found her in the kitchen rushing around, trying to throw together some shakes for the road. I asked about our lunches and she said she would just give us money this time. That made me happy because it was pizza Tuesday. My brother walked into the house through the front door and just stood there.

"I've been waiting in the car for the past ten minutes."

"You knew that we were running late. You couldn't have ever thought to help us?"

"You look like you're doing fine. Just hurry. If I'm late again, my teacher will literally have my head."

When mom had finished we literally ran to the car. I got in the back, my brother drove and my mother was in the passenger's seat.

"Mom, a lot of people on my blog have been asking about the time you and dad really first met. Some girl commented that you met at one of his concerts. Do you have any comment?"

"We didn't meet at the concert. He just saw me in the crowd. We met a year later at the club."

"Okay, but can you tell me anything about that night? I'd really like to have a post by tonight."

"When did you even start blogging? I thought you were into YouTube?" My brother asked.

"I was and now I'm into blogging."

"What's next, modelling?"

"At least when I'm passionate about something and I pursue it. You don't want to do anything because you're scared."

"Whatever."

"Honey can we talk about this later? We're almost at school and I don't want to be late." Mom said as we were nearing the finally turn to our posh private school.

They spend like an arm and a leg on our education

"Just a quick comment, please." I begged.

"Okay, well I was in the crowd with my friend and she had gotten us front row tickets. He was moving around the stage and I was texting my friend back home. She didn't believe that I was actually at the concert so I wanted to take a selfie. He saw me and photo-bombed me."

"Why did he do that? He never really takes pictures with people."

"I think he did it out of an act of pure Justin-ness. After the picture I giggled and yelled thank you. He looked kind of stunned when I turned around, maybe blinded by my beauty. I don't know." We all laughed and my brother stopped the car. He got out and so did I. My mother got out to get into the driver's seat.

"Is there anyone I can verify this with?" asked as I followed her to the driver's side of the car?

"Yes—" She got in and shut the door

"...your father. He's picking you up after school. I love you guys." She blew us a kiss and drove away.

.....

After school I stood outside with my brother waiting for our father to show up. I had spent the whole of my whole day coming up with questions to ask, or rather trying to. He pulled up in his silver leopard print Audi and we got in. Kids were taking pictures and running to the car. We drove away like we were running from the police—fast.

"Hey guys. How was school." We both gave mediocre answers.

"So I heard you have some questions for me for your blog." He said to me.

"Yeah." I pushed my hair behind my ear then I grabbed my notebook from my bag and flipped through to the page with my questions. You grabbed your phone to record the session.

"I just wanted to know if you remembered seeing mom at your concert a year before you met at the club and if you could describe that moment to me."

"Sure. I was on stage performing and she was taking a selfie so i decided to jump into the picture."

"Now we know that you don't typically like to take pictures with fans. Why did you choose to get into this picture?" He shrugged

"I was in a good mood and when she turned around, I wasn't disappointed. She was--and is so beautiful. I actually started staring for a bit, when we met a year later she mentioned that she had been to one of my concerts and I casually said that I thought I saw her."

"When in actual fact you were freaking out about meeting her after all that time." My brother said mockingly. We both laughed and my father started tickling him.

"Anyway—" he continued after tickling the breath out of my brother.

"I wanted to see her after the show, but i never found her. I thought she would post the picture so we searched for pictures I was tagged in, but she didn't come up. I saw the picture, but it was posted by someone else. Eventually, I gave up and just thought that if God wanted me to find her I would.

We turned off of the high way and in the direction of the studio my mother worked at. We drove onto the lot where my mother was shooting and waited in front of the studio.

"Are we visiting mom at work?"

"No, we're going to lunch together." My brother climbed into the back next to me as my mother approached.

"Hey babe." Our parents kissed and my brother and I cringed. My brother and I looked at each other looked at each other shaking our heads. We were on the highway again when my mother turned the radio on. She got excited when she heard the song start. The guy on the radio said it was called Going Down For Real.

"Watch this kids, your mom knows all the words." Dad said. She started rapping the words and though my brother and I will never admit this out loud, it was impressive. They sang the chorus together then my mother rapped again. By the end of the song we were all singing the chorus together. I have to say, my parents have good taste in music.

So I was going to write a blog post solely about my family dynamic and tell you a bunch of different stories including ones that they've told me, but I think this one story is enough to see that we are a normal family—give or a take a few million dollars in net worth. We love each other and we have fun. I have great parents and a dope big brother. I wouldn't change that for the world.

I'm signing out. From me (Y/D/N) Merry Christmas and happy holidays from my family to yours.

gZ]JZV*_t