9) Riding Lesson

#12ImaginesOfXmas

Justin had just gotten off tour and we were spending a lot of down time together. We were watching RIDICULOUSNESS one of the guys flopped on a skateboard trick and he mentioned that he could totally do that trick properly. You chuckled and agreed.

"I can't even skateboard and I can do it better."

"What, you never ridden a skateboard?" he asked in surprise.

"Nope. Never learned."

"Hey, I have an extra. I can teach you if you want."

"Um, this is the first time I've had with you in two months. I'd rather not die today."

"C'mon, you trust me right?" he turned to me and looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes.

"Yes, but—."

"Then let me teach you. I promise if you die, I'll show up at your funeral. I'll even try to cry." His eagerness compared to the things he was saying was hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Fine, but I'm gonna need all of the protection gear you have. You know that I'm really clumsy." The two of us left the couch and proceeded to where he kept his skateboard and skateboard things. He fastened a helmet to my head, pads to my elbows and knees and gloves for my hands. Even with the protective gear, I was scared. I kept trying to back out.

"You look ridiculous." he said

"I know." I replied. He insisted that I only needed the helmet, but I reminded him that the protective gear was my condition for going skateboarding with him.

"Can't I just rollerblade next to you. I'm good at that. I won't even need all this stuff."

"We'll take it off once you get the hang of it."

I knew that there was no way of backing out so I went out with him. I started to feel safer once I realised what a good teacher Justin was. Later I got the hang of it you took of the elbow pads and had a bit more fun. I took off the knee pads next and eventually the helmet.

"Now when are you gonna take of the gloves?" he asked

"Never." I relied sassily

"They look good on me." I stuck a pose while on the board. Suddenly, I slipped and fell, but fortunately Justin caught me just before I hit the ground. He scooped me up into his arms and held me. He looked me in the eye with concern in his.

"Are you okay?" he asked sounding worried. I tried to fake being injured for a second, but it was too funny and you giggled.

"I told you I was clumsy." A smile appears on Justin's face and he laughed too.

"You should be more careful."

"But then you won't catch me and get to hold me in your arms." I said with a smirk.

"So would you say that's your favourite memory with dad?" your son asked.

"Yeah, it definitely is. So do you know what you're getting him now?"

"A skateboard with your face spray painted on it. I know a guy."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------