Chapter 5

"Lena!" I head David shouting from the hotel room. I looked over at my mom who shrugged at me and went back to working on her computer.

I rushed over to the door and let him in, "You never call me Lena," I gazed at him, "This must be important?"

"Guess who I just got off the phone with?"

"Hmmm, that's an easy guess, Vladimir Putin?"

"Not funny!" He rolled his eyes at me, "I got off the phone with one of Jimmy's reps."

"And?"

"I'll just give you a fair warning, you can say no to their request but it would be pretty lame if you did..."

"David! Just tell me." I threw a pillow at him and started laughing.

"So a few of the reps watched you on The Late Show last night just to get a feel for what you'd be like as a guest, making sure you weren't a total diva. Well apparently one of the reps had a brilliant idea that Jimmy absolutely loves..."

"Oh my God please just tell me!" I said getting up and grabbing a bottle of water.

"They want to do a little digging in your ancestry and you might have to give a little bit of blood."

I coughed up my water, "For what purpose?"

"To see if you're related to Alexander Hamilton of course!"

My mom started laughing and looked over at David, "What the hell. Are they serious?"

He nodded his head, "And as your manager Lena," He looked back over at me, "This sounds like it could be a really fun thing to do and makes you look like you aren't so damn stiff all the time. You have to decide ASAP because the show is in two days."

My mouth was hanging wide open, "I mean I guess..."

"Amazing! I'm calling them back right now." He dialed a phone number and waited until somebody picked up, "Hello Adrienne! Yes she is totally down! Today? One hour from now? Oh okay! Jimmy is coming as well? Why yes she would love to do that! Cameras rolling? Ok. I will have her looking decent in thirty minutes time. Bye Adrienne!"

I sat there wide-eyed listening to his conversation with this Adrienne lady. I looked over at my mom who had the biggest smile plastered over her face, "What happened yesterday?" She whispered at me.

I gave her the low down about how both Lin-Manuel Miranda and Stephen Colbert asked me if I was related to Alexander Hamilton because my last name is awfully 'suspicious'.

She laughed through the whole story and added in, "Anything is possible. I really don't know your other side of the family at all."

David was raiding my closet and makeup stash as I was telling my mom about what was happening yesterday. He pulled out jeans, a sweater and fancy high-heeled boots. He started putting makeup on my face before interrupting our conversation, "Speaking of Lin-Manuel, miss Lena over here has a date with him tomorrow night!"

"A DATE?!" My mom yelled at me in an excited tone, "I haven't seen you go on a date in ever!" She started clapping her hands.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that to you? Must have slipped my mind."

She googled Lin-Manuel and started reading everything about him.

"David, you know I can put my own makeup on?" I said as he was applying my liquid foundation all over my face.

He scoffed at me, "I'm well aware, but just let me do it please? I haven't been able to do makeup in forever." He gave me the puppy eyes.

I nodded my head, "Of course." I said as he started powdering my face to set the foundation.