Chapter 26

"Lin! You've got to tell me more about them." I said to Lin as we made our way through the Raleigh airport, talking about the Hamilton family.

"I've already told you everything!"

"You've told me they were nice. That's literally it. Didn't you spend some time with them?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "It was over two years ago Lena! They were wonderful people."

I nodded my head, "Fine. You win."

He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, "I'm not trying to win, and I really just don't know them that well. Now get into the Uber you beautiful human." He winked at me.

I smiled and obliged. We were off to the Hamilton residence in no time. Luckily, they only lived 15 minutes from the airport. I was very quiet on the ride over only nodding my head and smiling at Lin's remarks.

When we got to the residence we hopped out and stood in front of the home. The home was beautiful and quaint. It was larger than a normal suburban home but by no means a mansion. Lin and I just stood outside the house with our suitcases in hand looking at the house.

Lin touched my arm and smiled, "We've got to go in at some point."

"But do we?"

He shook his head, "Lena! We've come this far. Let's go."

"I..." I stood my ground not following him, "I can't right now. Give me like 10 more minutes okay?"

He pulled me in for a hug and nodded, "10 minutes."

So for the next 10 minutes Lin watched me stare at the home before me. I simply looked it up and down and tried to gather my courage and walk up to the door.

I looked down at my phone, "Ok... Let's go. I guess." I sighed and made my way to he front door.

Lin happily followed and knocked on the front door. We waited for a second before a younger woman opened the door and smiled.

"Lena! And Lin!" She gave us a genuine smile, "Come in!" She opened the door and we walked in, "I'm Ellie. I've talked to you a few times on the phone."

"It's so nice to put a face to the voice." I smiled at her.

"Likewise! I mean even though I've seen you on T.V., it's quite different."

I nodded my head, "I get it."

"Well come on in! We don't have the whole family here tonight, that'll be a tomorrow thing but my grandma and I guess... well your grandma, my mom and dad and me are here!" She smiled.

"Wow. My grandma? That's crazy." I laughed. Lin squeezed my hand and pushed me forward.

"Everybody! This is Lena and her boyfriend Lin-Manuel Miranda." Ellie announced.

"Lena and Lin this is my grandmother Carla Hamilton, her son and my dad Derek Hamilton and my mom Molly Hamilton."

"Wow. It's so wonderful to finally meet you all." I smiled.

"What are you waiting for? Come give your grandma a hug." Carla said.

I nodded my head and went over to hug her. Even though I had only spoken to her once on the phone it felt so natural to hug her. She pulled away and cupped my face, "You are so beautiful my dear."

I grinned, "Thank you."

"You look just like him." She smiled, "My son taken far too soon."

I nodded my head, "Taken much too soon."