Chapter 7

"Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story" just concluded and I was wiping away the tears that were flowing from my face, I was trying my best to be discrete and not ruin my makeup. Everybody flew up from their seats clapping when the cast came out for their curtain call.

The final song really gave me a lot to think about. As someone with a growing audience, from gymnasts to movie fanatics, I had a very large platform to work with. I didn't simply want to make my life about making as much money as I possibly could. I needed to do something more with what I had. Simply put, I needed to do what I wanted to see get done, actions speak so much louder than words.

After the actors and actresses left the stage Lin and I sat back down in our seats and just looked ahead of us. Relatively quickly, the theatre emptied out. I kept looking around and apparently Lin noticed my uneasiness, "Relax Lena, we're fine."

I nodded my head and sat forward again, "That was beautiful." I whispered to him.

He looked over at me and gave me a small smile, "You think so?"

"I mean, I'm only now questioning my entire life. Talk about inspiring."

He grabbed my hand again, "If I inspired only one person in the crowd tonight, then I have done my job."

"Lin, you are way to humble." I smiled at him, "Did you see that reaction? I would go ahead and say that you inspired the entire crowd. I have no words, I'm completely and utterly speechless at how to even begin to describe that musical."

He cracked a Lin smile and pulled me to my feet, "C'mon, there's someone I want you to meet!" He let go of my hand and hopped on to the stage.

I gasped, "What are you doing?" I looked around to make sure that nobody noticed. There were still a few people in the corner of the theatre who didn't seem to be bothered.

"Come on!"

I shook my head, "I don't want to get in trouble."

He laughed, "You won't get in trouble Lena. I promise."

I stepped forward but was still incredibly leery as I looked around to make sure that nobody was watching.

"Fine. If you're so hesitant, let me show you it's okay." He stood near the edge of the stage, "Hey Tommy!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

The color from my face must have drained because Lin gave me a concerned look and added, "He's the director Lena!"

The Tommy guy came over to the two of us and smiled at me before scowling at Lin, "It is about damn time you came back!"

"I've been busy!" Lin threw his hands up in defense, "I'm finally starting to slow down for a couple of months."

"That's a lame ass excuse Lin." He turned to me and winked, "I'm Thomas Kail, and I direct this beautiful play that Lin somehow managed to come up with."

A wide smile grew on my face as I saw Lin's dramatic face from my peripheral vision, "I'm Lena. I followed Lin here." I shook his hand.

"She's a gymnast!" Lin added as he sat down on the stage, "A really good one at that. She won three gold's and one silver at the Rio Olympics this summer!"

"No shit... That's pretty damn impressive. Lin didn't tell me we had a celebrity in the house tonight."

"Oh far from it. But that you."

"And apparently I'm the humble one." Lin mumbled under his breath. He added, "Tommy are we aloud to go backstage?" He asked.

"Uh yeah?" He gave Lin a confused look.