Chapter 13

The rest of my week in New York City went as follows: Wake up and get ready for the day, visit the hospital while Lin was working and then heading back to Lin's place to catch up and talk about anything and everything. I was shocked with just how comfortable I had become around Lin within the past two weeks. I wasn't somebody who could just plop down and feel comfortable automatically; it usually took a long time for me to finally warm up to a situation. However, with Lin it felt so normal and so incredibly right.

Lin was gracious enough to let me stay at his apartment instead of extending our stay at the hotel. David went back to Los Angeles to work. Mom had to stay in the hospital until Saturday, a full week. Mom and me were flying back to Los Angeles that same day however our flight wasn't until later that evening.

I woke up that Saturday a little gloomy as this was the day I was leaving Lin for God knows how long. He was to be in London from October through next March. He would be back in the States every now and then but that was still up in the air, he didn't have much, other than his parents, tying him down in the USA.

I lay around in bed a little bit longer than I normally did, trying to prolong the inevitable. I quickly got ready and made my way to the living room. By the time I made it out there it was already 9:30, oops. Lin wasn't there in the living room. I didn't see him in the kitchen either, that was odd.

"Hello?" I called out. No answer. Hmm, he must have gone out.

So I sat down in from of the television and turned ESPN. They were babbling on about baseball, football and even basketball even though it wasn't in season. I must have dozed off because before I knew it Lin was walking back into the apartment with a bag and coffee's in hand.

"Buenos días dormilona!" Lin smiled, kissed me on the forehead and handed me a coffee.

"Hmm?" I asked regarding the Spanish.

"Good morning sleepyhead." He sat down next to me.

"Ahh, good morning early bird." I yawned, "And thank you." I said before taking a sip of the delicious coffee.

"Anytime." He smiled, "How'd you sleep? I hope I didn't wake you up, I had another early call."

I shook my head, "You didn't. But you didn't need to worry about that. I'm the one invading your space right now."

He grinned at me and pulled me close, "You are never a bother." We sat like that for a moment just enjoying each other's company before Lin spoke up again, "I got us some breakfast. Bacon, eggs, potatoes, pancakes and sausage."

"Oh you wonderful man Lin-Manuel." My eyes got wide at the site of the smorgasbord of food laid out in front of me. I went for it putting every piece of food on my plate.

"I love food." I said in between bites.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." He snickered and grabbed his own plate.

"Hey!" I laughed and punched him lightly on the shoulder.

He winked at me, "Nothing wrong with that. Hell, that makes going on dates that much easier."

I nodded my head, "This is true. I'd say I'm a fan on 95 percent of the food out there."

"Anything you don't like?"

"Uhm." I thought about it for a second, "There have been things that haven't been my favorite. But I can't think of anything right off the top of my head."

"Good to know." He said in between bites of food, "By the way, I meant to ask. How's the Hamilton thing?"

"It's going pretty well! I've reached out to a couple of relatives who seem really eager to get to know me better. They didn't even have a clue I was born." I frowned.