Chapter 14

The rest of September flew by and before I knew it Lin was on his way to London that made it infinitely harder to get ahold of each other, as London was eight hours ahead. We normally talked 11 PM my time and 7 AM his time. We tried to call each other daily but sometimes I would fall asleep after long days of shooting or Lin had to go in early and couldn't call. But I was happy. I loved talking to him; it's what I looked forward to in the day. Lin never ceased to fascinate me, I could listen to him talk for hours. I wanted nothing more than to cuddle up to him and talk about life, I was definitely looking forward to my trip to London coming up soon.

I woke up on this particular October morning with a knot in the pit of my stomach. Today was the first script read-through for Deadpool 2, meaning that I was meeting the entire cast today as well. No big deal right? How was I going to act around the Ryan Reynolds? I've idolized that man and his wife, THE Blake Lively, for my entire life. I was a mess when I started thinking about it, I was just going to have to get over it within the next three hours or run the risk or looking a little psychotic.

I took my time getting ready and decided on a pair of jeans, a nice blouse and high-heeled boots. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled when I saw the final product. My hair was loosely curled and my makeup was simple but I looked happy. For the first time in a very long time I really liked what I saw. Not that I necessarily didn't like what I saw but for the first time I was confident.

I made my way down to the kitchen, grabbed an oatmeal bar and waited for David to pick me up. I would have driven myself but David insisted, as he needed to go in and make sure that everything was all good.

Mom was already off to work. She recovered very quickly and didn't even need rehabilitation. My mom was definitely a fighter, as she didn't complain to me once through her whole ordeal. The only time she complained was about the horrible hospital food she was forced to endure.

My phone rang and I quickly picked it up when I saw that David was the caller.

"David!"

"Sweet thing!"

"What's up?"

"I'm here! Get you're cute butt down here."

I giggled and made my way downstairs. Sure enough David was waiting out front.

"Dang girl. You look good!" He gushed as I sat down in the passenger seat.

"Sometimes I can look presentable David." I gave him a sweet smile.

"I'm just not used to it."

"I have two modes. Hella lazy Lena and presentable Lena. 9/10 times you see me I am hella lazy Lena." I laughed.

He nodded his head and started to make the way to the studio, "How are you feeling?"

"Kind of terrified?" I said questioningly.

"You're going to do great kid. Why so nervous?"

"I think it's because of the star power of the people in the room."

"Don't even think about that. They're just people too."

"I keep trying to tell myself that."

He laughed, "Be yourself Lena. If you do well here the possibilities are quite endless for you."

I sighed and looked out the window, "No pressure or anything."

"None at all." He winked at me.

The rest of the ride we spent talking nonchalantly about what to expect and how I needed to act. The closer we got the more nervous I became. I didn't get this way over Modern Family or Orange is the New Black, for whatever reason I was psyching myself out.