Chapter 46

I woke up in the middle of the night with a severe pain in my stomach. I took a few deep breaths trying to make the pain go away but it wouldn't, it only intensified.

I rushed to the bathroom and vomited as quietly as I could, I didn't want to wake Lin up. I started to cry as the pain started growing worse the longer that I sat there.

"Shit." I cried silently as I stood up. The pain sharpened as I inhaled and I let out a quiet whimper.

"Honey?" I heard Lin ask as he knocked on the door.

I sat down on the edge of the bathtub and wiped away the tears that were still present, "Yeah?" I asked and winced.

"Are you okay?"

I took in another sharp breath that intensified the pain yet again, "I..." I started to speak, "I don't know." I admitted.

He opened the door slowly and walked over to me, I had my face down not looking at him. He gingerly took my hand away from the right side of my stomach. I winced as he barely touched me.

"Lena..." He said lowly, "Look at me."

I looked into his big brown eyes and tried to smile through the pain, "Hi."

He cracked a soft smile and kissed my forehead, "You don't think you're pregnant do you?"

"No, I can't be." I said, "Literally Aunt Flo just left the building." I giggled to myself and then winced again at the laughing.

"Did you just call your..."

"Yes I did." I smiled and groaned.

"Okay! Hold on." He ran out of the bathroom and came back relatively quickly with a thermometer.

I gave him a look as if I didn't want to oblige, "A thermometer? Really?"

"Open up mi amor." He smiled, "You're worse than Cruz."

"Hey!" I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth. We both waited in a groggy silence until the beeper on the thermometer went off. Lin's eyes went wide.

"I think we need to go to the ER."

"What? No we don't. Don't be dramatic."

"You've got a fever of 103.7 degrees Lena."

"So? My body is fighting infection. That's how it does it."

"Stand up then."

"What?" I questioned him.

"You heard me love. Stand up." He took a step back and waited.

"Why, I don't understand." I looked at him.

"Just stand up please."

I sighed and tried to get up. I managed to successfully get up but yelped in pain when I stood all the way up. Lin rushed over and held me steady and looked at me, "Okay. Fine I guess we should go." I sighed and sat back down.

"Let me call my the nanny."

"Oh God." I groaned, "I'm ruining everybody's night."

"Shush. Like you can control whatever is happening in your body."

I stuck my tongue out at him. He started laughing while calling the woman who watched our boys, "You're lucky you're beautiful." He winked and walked out of the room.

I sat there as the pain came and went. Lin came back and helped me to the living room, "Shelly will be here in a moment. How are ya holding up mi amor?"