Chapter 34

A/N

I just went ahead and skipped the wedding because we all know how that works, kind of boring. I went straight ahead to the reception! Enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------

"Now I'll be the first one to say this... I'm not a great singer." Lin walked up to the stage and garnered all of the attention of the guests at the wedding. Everyone started booing, in good fun, negating what he had just said. Lin was on the stage, everybody was sitting at the tables and listening intently on what he had to say.

He laughed, "I can sing! I'm just not the best out there. Does that make you all happy?" He raised his hands up.

Everyone started clapping and cheering, accepting what he was saying. I joined in.

"Lena! Babe!" He said, I waved to him and gave him an air kiss. Lin dramatically caught it, "You are so... pardon my language... fucking beautiful. You are the most stunning woman I have ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes upon."

"I love you!" I shouted. Again, there was another round of cheers.

"And I love you mi amor." He winked at me, "So as you all may know," He pointed to people in the audience, "I like to sing and rap and write and what not."

He paused and smiled at me, the biggest Lin smile, my favorite, "Now babe, I was going to write you a wonderful and romantic song for this very moment. And every time I sat down to write this song I couldn't get this other specific song out of my head. Now don't think I didn't write a song for you because I was uninspired, because that was definitely not the case. But, I was inspired by Ed Sheeran. Have you all heard of him?"

I clapped. Everybody else in the audience cheered and jeered. Lin nodded his head and winked at me again, "I heard this song a while before I proposed to you babe. And I knew in that moment that this was the song that I wanted to sing to you on our wedding night. Does that sound okay my beautiful wife?"

I laughed, "Hell yeah!" I shouted again.

"Oh shit, you're so beautiful." He mumbled into the microphone, clearly a little intoxicated from the champagne, much to everyone's satisfaction, "Since I got the approval of my beautiful wife... I'm going to need some help performing this. Guys, why don't you come on up." He pointed to two members of the wedding party.

I watched as the two men followed Lin's orders and made their way to the stage. I couldn't make out whom they were because everything was happening so fast and I was a little tipsy.

"As you all may or may not know. These are two wonderful men on this stage right here. I've got my buddy's Daveed Diggs and Anthony Ramos!"

Everybody clapped. The three men on the stage all gave each other hugs. They all looked quite dapper, if I do say so myself.

"As much as I'd love to have everybody on this stage, it might get a little crowded up here. So without further ado, we will be singing Perfect by Ed Sheeran."

I covered my mouth with my hands; one of my favorite Ed Sheeran songs was about to be sung by my favorite human being in the world.

The band started and Lin immediately started serenading me (Lyrics italicized)

"I found a love for me

Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet

Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love