Chapter 49

Life is so strange. One minute everything can seem so perfect and the next everything can feel like it's falling apart, all in one swift motion. Like when I injured my leg right before the Olympics, everything fell apart and my life changed dramatically because of it. Because even in those moments of dire desperation there can be some good that comes from it. Me not going to that Olympics caused a ripple effect, I met my husband and the love of my life because I didn't go to the London games. It really does seem like everything happens for a reason.

"Momma!" Cruz pulled on my pant leg as I was doing the dishes.

"Yes?" I looked down and smiled at the excited child clinging onto my leg for support so he didn't fall.

"Can we walk?"

I laughed silently, "Yes, go down to the couch and back buddy."

"No! Outside!"

"You want to go on a walk outside?"

"Yes! T as well!" He said referring to Tibby. He couldn't quite get her name down right so he instead used T as a substitute.

"Should we invite Sebastian?"

"Yes!" He screamed and clapped his hands, "Seb come too!"

"And what about papa?"

"Daddy!" He screamed with delight.

"Did someone say daddy?" Lin asked as he rounded the corner and picked up Cruz.

"Daddy!" He laughed and kissed Lin on the cheek, my heart might have melted right then and there.

"Cruz!" He smiled and kissed his boy on the forehead.

He giggled and squirmed his way out of Lin's arms, "I get Seb!" He shouted at us.

"Okay buddy!" I said. He clapped his hands and ran to go get the other small child who was playing in their room.

"What did he want?"

"He wants to go on a walk with Seb, T and daddy."

"Well I think that can be arranged."

"Certainly." I smiled and kissed my handsome husband on the cheek, "Boys! Let's go."

The two of them ran out of the room and into the living room, "Momma!" Sebastian cried. I picked up the toddler and kissed him.

"Walk?"

"Yes!" He smiled. I set him back down and grabbed his shoes. Luckily summer was right around the corner so there was no need to get them dressed all the way up.

"Seb hold still." I laughed as he was kicking his feet.

"Sorry momma." He giggled.

"You're too sweet to me little guy."

"Sweet!" He repeated, not understanding what I was saying back to him.

"Ready to go?" Lin asked.

"Yeah, I just need Cruz to put his shoes on."

"Done. And I've got Tibby right here."

"Well dang, look at papa crushing me."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me in for a hug and kissed me gingerly on the cheek, "It's not a race."

"Everything's a race."

He gave me his scolding eyes, "Not with little nugget in there it isn't." He pointed to my stomach.