Chapter 48

"Sebastian! Cruz!" I yelled loudly through the apartment, "Hurry up!" I laughed to myself, thinking that they could really understand what I meant.

"Momma!" Cruz rounded the corner and slammed into my leg. He bounced off my leg and landed on the ground. Mortified, I picked up the now eighteen month old before he could start crying.

"Are you okay?" I hugged the little guy.

He clapped his hands, "I kay." He smiled.

I laughed, "You're so funny." I kissed my beautiful son, "We say, okay not kay."

"No." He shook his head and laughed at me.

My mouth was hanging open in shock, "You can't say no to me!"

He giggled, "Why?"

"I'm not doing this with you Cruz Luis."

"Why?"

I shook my head and kissed him one more time before setting him on the ground, "Hey Cruz?"

"What?" He smiled while bouncing around.

"Can you go get your brother?"

"What?"

"Go find Seb."

"Seb!" He clapped his hands and ran around the corner.

I laughed and followed the bouncy boy into their shared bedroom, "Hi buddy." I waved to Sebastian.

"Seb! Seb! Seb!" Cruz giggled and clapped his hands.

"Ruz!" Sebastian smiled and hugged his brother.

Holy shit, they were hugging one another. They've never done that before. I quickly whipped out my phone to capture the moment. The second I opened the camera up the two of them stopped hugging.

"Oh come on!" I laughed.

"Why?" Cruz asked.

I started cracking up, "You two are way too much for me. You're officially in your questioning phases. Bring it on I suppose."

"Wha?" Sebastian asked, omitting the t.

"Oh nothing Sebby." I kissed him with a giant smile on my face.

"Momma!" Cruz exclaimed.

"Yes?"

"I made!" He pointed to the Lego tower he had constructed.

"Oh my!" I looked at the tower, clearly impressed, "You did this?"

"What?" He asked, confused by what I was asking.

"You made?"

He clapped and giggled, "Yes!"

I scooped up the toddler and kissed him all over, "You, my son, are quite a brilliant little baby."

He smiled and kissed my nose, "What?"

"You did good little guy."

"Tanks!" He giggled and squirmed out of my arms.

He plopped on the ground and started playing with the Lego's. Sebastian was playing with the xylophone in the corner. I looked at the time and cursed under my breath, I needed to leave for work five minutes ago.

"Boys!"

"Momma!" Sebastian smiled and stood up.

"Ready to go to Abuelas?"

"Aba!" Cruz screamed, very much excited. I laughed at his interpretation of Abuela and scooped up the two tiny humans into my arms.

Luckily, Lin's parents lived right down the street and I didn't need to take the boys on the train, thank the good Lord for that one. I decided against the stroller, as it was more work than it was worth. So I clung on to the two squirmy boys in my arms with my dear life. I quickly walked to Luz's house. I decided to kick the doorway instead of knock, she'd forgive me.