Chapter 39

"Well Lena," The OB/GYN smiled, "You've got a healthy looking baby in there." She said while running the ultrasound probe on my stomach, "Judging by the size. The little nugget is about five or six weeks old."

My eyes went wide as I truly realized there was a child inside me, what the hell was happening. Lin grinned and kissed my cheek.

She smiled, "Right now it's hard to pinpoint an exact date because I might be off by a week or two." She pulled out a calendar and raised her eyebrows, "But from what I am seeing your due date, for now, is around January 1st."

I groaned, "Are you kidding me."

Lin laughed, "The pequeño bebé is causing us some trouble already." He stroked my hair.

I looked at him, "This is solely your fault Lin-Manuel."

He nodded, "That is true. I will give you that." He kissed my cheek and winked, "So what's the protocol for this stuff." He asked the OB/GYN bluntly.

"For?"

"Appointments and what not. I've tried to read stuff online and some of it's a bit confusing and doesn't make a whole lot of sense."

She smiled, "Of course. I recommend coming in once a month until you're at week 28. After that I'd like to see you every other week until week 36. If the baby still doesn't want to come out I'd like to see you weekly until you do give birth."

Lin nodded, "Wonderful. Can we make those appointments today?"

"Yes of course. The receptionist will be happy to do that for you today."

He smiled, "Amazing. Another thing, she's like a superstar actress at the West End and it's pretty demanding. She's in shows almost every night and sometimes twice a day. Do we need to slow her down at some point?"

The woman shook her head, "So long as you have the energy Lena you are perfectly fine doing anything you'd normally do. Don't push yourself to hard because it could hurt the baby and yourself."

I smiled, "Got it! Now I just have the joy of telling my boss about this little situation."

She smiled, "They'll be happy for you I'm sure."

"They damn well better be! They aren't the ones growing a human." I smiled. Lin laughed and grabbed my hand.

-----------------------------------------------

The next few months seemed to drag on and on. I woke up sick nearly every morning and had a hard time keeping down foods. My hunger quickly dwindled away and it became a task to simply eat. On top of that the producers and directors of the show weren't too happy about the little inconvenience and I had to help start training a new Rose to take my place while I was away, on top of the shows that I was already doing. To say that I was exhausted was an understatement, I felt like a walking skeleton on some days.

Lin was always overprotective, he monitored what I ate and made notes of it in a journal. He always encouraged me to eat just a little bit more or sleep just a little bit longer, to which I had to thank him for. I talked to my OB/GYN about this struggle to keep food down and she confirmed that it does happen to a lot of women during their first trimester and that near the end of this trimester and the beginning of the second trimester my appetite should be coming back. Needless to say I was desperate to have this happen.

And sure enough, like a light switch, I was hungry again. I wanted to eat everything in my path. It's weird how the body works and how hormones can completely control you in this way. The second trimester was a breeze compared to the first one. I didn't have the energy prior to the pregnancy but I did have a lot more compared to the dreaded first trimester. I was starting to show when I neared week 18 of the pregnancy. Before I knew it we were heading to the OB/GYN's office to check up and to see the gender of the little nugget, our little nugget.