SGTBM 20: Face Off

SGTBM 20: Face Off

Calix's P.O.V

            [I just hope that you're still up to the mission, Agent Six.]

          I irritatingly brush my hair using my fingers while walking back and forth in my living room, talking with Zero this early morning.

          "I know what I'm doing so stay out of this Zero!" my voice tells warning.

          I don't want Zero to move. Not now. I don't want to rush things. I want it slow yet sure.

            [You sure you know what you're doing? Then fine. Just make it fast. I hate waiting.]

          "Will you please shut up and let me do my work?!" I can't help but shout over the phone.

          I even startle Red who just woke up from his long slumber on the carpeted floor at the corner.

          [You failed before Agent Six remember? That makes me question about your credibility about 'our' job. I hate interruptions, Agent Six. So make it work before I send Agent Five and finish what you're supposed to have started by now.]

          F*ck! "Stay Five out of this Zero! He has nothing to do with your f*cking mission!"

            [He is now.] I can feel his smirk over the phone. [Remember? He's one step closer to the target. What makes you think Agent Five has nothing to do with this now huh?]

          "Drop your mock and sarcasm, Zero. I will do the job and Agent Five will never lay his hands to Thea! I swear you that!"

            [Let's see.]

          Before I can end the call, he finished it with challenge on his last statement.

          I angrily throw my phone on the sofa and sits there with my hands over my head.

          I really need to start working now. Or else, Thea will be involved.

          I pick up the file that Zero gave to me under the sofa. This is where I hide it. Then, I look again at the picture inside and curse something under my breath.

          "That's why I hate you since the first time we met." I said while looking at the picture.

          I crumpled his photo and throw it somewhere in the living room.

          After I calm my nerves, I walk towards the window and look for the house in front of mine, to Thea's house. Then I saw her walk outside the house, while talking to her annoying brother.

          "What have you done?" I asked as I watch him walk along side Thea.

          I turned my head to the files I left in the sofa.

          Damon Romero. He's my last target.

          "I need to kill you before you can kill me. Thea. Us."

          I still wonder what he's got to do with our organization. Why he becomes the target. Why he acts as an ordinary veterinarian even he's not. His file said he's a trained assassin himself too.

          Something inside me tells me that something is wrong. But then, I always drop that idea.

          In order to get out of that f*cking organization, I need to kill him.