Chapter Four

We got off the bus and went back to everyone. As soon as we got in the general area Nicole came up to me an pushed me backwards away from Vic like a crazy person. She was drunk as fuck. She whispered “I just hooked up with Jack Barakat. Jack motherfucking Barakat.” and then drunkenly walked back to him. I grabbed a beer and sat down next to Jaime. I felt like he was the most understanding out of everyone here since Nicole was heavily intoxicated and I don’t know where Lauren is right now. 

"Jaime, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked.

"Of course! What happened with Vic?" He asked.

"Nothing bad, I really care about him I know it sounds crazy just because it’s been a day. He said he wants me to come on tour, but I don’t know if I should. What if he changes his mind and doesn’t have feelings for me? What if everything gets fucked up? What am I supposed to do?" I was on the verge of tears.

"I don’t know what was wrong with Vic before but I talked to him about it and Daniella, you’re a special girl. I’ve never seen him like this over anyone before. I think you should come, I promise if you want to go home or if something happens with you and Vic I’ll be here."

I gave him a bug hug and said “Thank you so much, Jaime.”

I called my mom and told her I was gonna go on Warped tour. She thought it was crazy and I should be home since I’m starting school in early I made up some excuse that Evan’s band needed a merch girl and how I need to go just to do something before college. I wasn’t gonna tell her that I was touring the country because I fell in love with a 33 year old band member. She was mad, but I really don’t care at this point. I got Nicole and Lauren together and told them I’m going. They were so happy for me, but I’m gonna miss them so damn much. 

I found Vic and pulled him aside and said. “I decided I’m coming with you.”

"What? Really! Yes! I promise you won’t regret this." He said as he picked me up and spun me around. 

"I hope I don’t either." I said nervously. As scared as I am, I am so happy just to see him happy."So tomorrow, we’ll drive Nicole and Lauren home and I’ll go home and pack."

"Sounds great!" he said, "You don’t know how happy you just made me." He kissed me on the forehead and took me into his arms."This is going to be something great, I can feel it."

I saw Vic run over to Jaime and I stood there and smiled. Mike walked over to me and handed me a beer. “I don’t know why, but you make my big brother happier than anyone ever has before.” He smiled. “Take care of him, please. He has a big heart.”

"I promise, I will." I smiled nervously and chugged the beer.

I kept chugging beers, I had no idea where Nicole and Lauren were and I was so drunk. I finished a can of Four Loko and I finally decided I was done. Everyone was scattered and drunk, I couldn’t see straight and Vic was the only one I wanted right now. I walked around trying to look for him. I finally found a familiar face, Tony. 

"Where’s Vic?" I slurred my words.

"I thought he was with you." He replied. 

I didn’t even answer, I walked away and continued my search. I finally found him, with another girl. They were sitting on the floor together talking. I was out of it, but not out of it enough to know what was going on.

"Really!" I screamed. They turned and looked at me and as I started running away Vic followed screaming "Wait! Daniella! No!"

I went onto their bus and started crying on Vic’s bunk. This was such a bad idea. I shouldn’t have even talked to Vic.

I heard someone get on the bus, it was Vic. “Daniella! Are you here?!”

I didn’t say anything. I just continued crying. I wasn’t even sober. He came to the back and layed down next to me. 

"Daniella, nothing was going on. She’s a friend. I swear. You can ask Mike, I’ve known her since kindergarten. It was nothing."

"It didn’t look like nothing." I managed to say between sobs.

"You are so drunk right now." He laughed. "It’s like you drowned in alcohol." He kissed my head and said "Nothing happened between me and her, I could never hurt you like that. I’m not even sure you’ll actually remember this by tomorrow but I really care about you"

He layed with me all night and I ended up crying myself to sleep. I woke up alone and walked to the front of the bus to find Vic making coffee. “Good Morning, Beautiful” he kissed my nose and handed me a cup. I kissed him and he smiled. “How are you feeling?”

"Like shit." I answered.

"What do you actually remember from last night?" He asked.

I remembered seeing him with her. I remember crying. I just don’t remember much from before that.

"The end." I said in a sad voice.

"Oh." He said. He looked down with a frown on his face. "Nothing happened, I swear. I’d never do that to you of all people."

"I know, I’m sorry. I was so out of it and I got the wrong impression. I feel terrible." I said lowly.

"It’s okay." He kissed my head. I hugged him so tightly, I never wanted to let go.