Chapter Ten

I heard the doorbell ring and I continued to get ready. I was so nervous even though it was probably just Tony, Mike and Jaime. Maybe it really was just them coming over tonight, not a big deal. I curled the ends of my hair, finished my makeup and went downstairs. I turned the corner and I see Kellin Quinn standing with Vic in the living room. What? “Um.. uh.. Hi.” I stuttered. 

I was completely star struck. I used to be into Sleeping With Sirens, I just stopped liking them, the music wasn’t as good as it used to be and too much drama. But, I was in the presence if Kellin Quinn the first time since Warped Tour 2013.

“Surprise!” Vic smiled. “Daniella, this is my good friend Kellin Quinn.”

“Hey.” Kellin said.

“Kellin, this is my girlfriend Daniella.” Vic smiled as he looked at me.

“I’ve heard a lot about you.” Kellin smiled.

“Aw really.” I blushed. Kellin and Vic were pretty close still, so the fact he talked about me to him is pretty big to me.

“Kellin’s in town for the tour, he wants us to come out to the show tomorrow night.” Vic said.

“I’m down.” I smiled.

Tony, Mike and Jaime walked in the door yelling “Kellinnnnn!”

They all hugged “Its been forever man!” Tony said to Kellin.

There was a lot if small talk between them and I sat there listening when Kellin asked me a question, “How’d you like touring with these weirdos?”

“I had the absolute time of my life.” I smiled.

“That’s great.” He said. “They’re a good time, always. Especially Vic.” He winked at me. 

I looked down, blushing. Vic was doing the exact same thing. 

The topic changed and they were all talking about music, guitar riffs and drum beats. I know music since I’ve been studying it since I was in elementary school, more wind instruments. I was clueless about guitars and drum sets. The boys were really happy talking about music. I just listened and tried to piece together everything.

“Do you play any instruments or sing or anything like that?” Kellin asked me.

“Uh yeah kinda. I play an instrument. Nothing cool or anything like you guys.” I said.

“She’s a pretty good singer.” Vic smiled at me then looked at Kellin.

“Oh really?” Kellin said.

I just nodded.

“You’re pretty quiet, aren’t you? You’ve barely spoken.” Kellin said.

“Uh I guess.” I said.

“Until you get to know her.” Jaime said, “or until you get her drunk.” He laughed.

“Shut up!” I laughed.

Tony, Vic and Mike were all laughing and Kellin said, “Well, maybe we could get you to talk a lot more by the end of the night instead of the laughing and smiles.”

I smiled my uncomfortable smile and took my beer off the table and started drinking it. Maybe it’d take the edge off a little. If I was this nervous around Kellin who’s word and opinions were important to Vic, imagine how nervous I’d be around his parents.

Vic smiled at me and we all started talking, to avoid that awkwardness that happened before, I tried to say something every once in a while. A good five beers later and I was still pretty good. Mike wanted to go out back and smoke so we all went with him. He lit a joint and asked if anyone wanted a hit. I’ve never actually smoked weed before so why not?

I took the joint took a hit and gave it back to Mike. They all looked at me in shock.

“You smoke?” Mike asked.

“Not really.” I answered.

“Oh cause.. Nevermind.” He said.

I liked smoking hookah and cigarettes, so why not smoke weed? It’s much better.

I took the joint out of his hand, took another hit and went back inside to get another beer. I sat back down on the couch and the guys came back inside. We had a few more drinks and it was really good night. 

Their tour stories were so insane. The parties, the girls, the venues, the drugs and alcohol. It sounded so fun. They live the dream. They all ganged up on Vic and told me a bunch of his embarrassing tour stories, his face was bright red. He was so embarrassed it was probably the cutest thing ever, he got so defensive.

Kellin really wasn’t a huge asshole like I thought he would be, he was actually pretty nice. They all left around 2:30, Vic was so drunk that he was saying so many random things out of no where, the conversation barely made sense. I took his hand and started leading his upstairs.

“You’re so pretty.” He said to me smiling.

“Vic, you’re so drunk.” I said laughing as we entered his room.

He layed down on the bed and pulled me down with him. I laughed and tried to get back up to change.

“Don’t leave me.” He frowned. 

“I’ll be right back I promise.” I smiled. 

I put on shorts and another one of his shirts, what a surprise and I layed down next to him. 

“You came back.” He said with his drunken smile.

“Of course I did.” I kissed his cheek and he smiled. When he was drunk he was pretty adorable.

“Don’t leave me, ever.” He said.

“I won’t, I promise.” I looked at him.

“Good. I don’t want you to.” He slurred.

“I love you.” I said to him.

“Love you too.” He said.

The next afternoon I woke up to hearing the door bell being rung quite obnoxiously. It was 12:30, who could it be? Probably Mike, Jaime or Tony. I ran downstairs to answer it while Vic was still asleep. I opened the door to see a woman standing in front of me. ‘Shit’ I thought to myself when I realized the woman standing in front of me was Vic’s mother.