Chapter Seventeen

My alarm woke me up at 7:00. Time for my first day of college. Vic was still asleep with his arm wrapped around me. His grip was so tight it was like he was trying to make sure I couldn’t leave him in the middle of the night. I knew how sorry he was, I know it was the alcohol in him. I got dressed, got my bag and wrote Vic a note.

Good Morning Sunshine,

I’m really sorry about last 

night. I love you more than

anything, I’ll see you tonight.

-Daniella xx

I decided maybe I shouldn’t go to the studio and just let things cool off a little more. I went to my dorm first to get some of my books and stuff then proceeded to my classes. The idea of me going to college was scary enough, thinking about how hard it was gonna be was giving me anxiety. I sat through each of my classes, bored as ever trying to focus on what each of my professors was saying and not trying to wander off into my thoughts about Vic. My school day was finally over. My last class ended a bit early, it was only 4:15. so I figured maybe I could go by the studio since it was only three blocks away. I could surprise Vic. 

I walked to the studio and went to the room they were recording in. I walked in to see Mike, Tony and Vic sitting on the couch drinking and Jaime in the booth.

“Daniella!” Vic’s eyes lit up.

“Hi.” I smiled.

He got up and walked over towards me.

“We’ll be right back.” He said grabbing my hand, pulling me back out of the room, through the lobby and outside. “Daniella, I’m sorry about yesterday. I was such an asshole, I was just drunk and I don’t know what came over me. I shouldn’t have gone-“

I interrupted him, “No, Vic it’s okay. Stop blaming yourself, I hate when you do that. I overreacted.”

“I’m sorry, babe.” 

“I love you.” I smiled putting my hands around his neck.

“I love you more.” He kissed me.

We both smiled, but then his faded back into a frown.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m great.” He smiled.

“Maybe you should get back in there.” I said.

“Yeah, come on.” He dragged me back to the room.

“Vic, your turn.” The producers said as we walked through the door.

“Gotcha.” He said walking into the booth.

I sat next to Tony not saying a word. 

“Are you two good?” He asked me.

“Yeah, why?”

“Vic wouldn’t tell us anything. He just said he was an asshole and that he fucked up.”

“He didn’t, we were both assholes about it.” I said.

“Ohhh.” He said.

“It’s good though.” I said.

Vic was strumming the guitar in the booth. He didn’t look himself, he looked sad. 

“Has he been like that all day?” I asked.

“It was worse before you came.” Mike said.

“He’s been beating himself up over whatever happened.” Jaime said.