Chapter Thirteen

The next morning we woke up roughly at the same time, he woke me up as he got out of bed.

“Hello.” He said smiling.

“Hi.” I said sleepily.

“You’re so cute when you just wake up.” He said standing at the end of the bed.

I smiled and got out of bed and walked over to him.

We stood about eight inches apart and he grabbed my waist and pulled my body to his. He kissed my forehead and rested his chin on my head. I could stay with him like this forever. 

“Did you like it here?” He asked.

“Where San Diego itself or your house?” I asked.

“Both.” He replied.

“I like them both.” I said pulling out of the hug.

“Good.” He smiled. 

“I can’t wait for you to come to New “York. It’s just weird that I’ll be back there without Nicole. But you can meet my family and my friends, it’ll be perfect.” I said excitedly.

He smiled, “I can’t wait.” 

“I’m moving into my dorm in three days, so I’ll be pretty close to you every day after that.” I said.

“I’m still with you either way.” He said.

“I’m just really excited.” I smiled.

“I can tell.” He teased. 

I smirked at him and walked into the bathroom to get a hair tie to put my hair up.

I went downstairs and Vic was on the phone with someone. I slowly walked down trying to listen.

“I really can’t do this right now.” I heard him say. “No. No. No. You always do this. I’m not dealing with you right now. I’m done. This is the last time.” I got to the last step and he put his head in his hands. 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him. 

“Nothing.” He said faking a smile.

“Something’s wrong, I’m not blind and I also have ears.” I said. He didn’t say anything. He sat there silently. “Who were you on the phone with?”

“No one… Uh just no one.” He said.

“Really, Vic?” I said sternly. “You’re gonna just shut me out like that?”

“I’m not shutting you out. I’m taking care of it. I don’t need you to get all worried about it.” He said.

“I’m worried because you’re hiding whatever this is from me.” I said.er

“You really want to know?” He said.

“Yes.” I said.

“Cara.” He said, “Cara does this every time. It’s like every time I’m happy with someone she tries to come back into my life. When I was with other girls, I used to think about going back to her and sometimes I did but this time it’s different. I don’t want to go back to her. I want this.”

I stood there in silence.

“She’s been calling and texting me. I think that last call finally got her off my case. She finally understands how much I love you.” He said as he stood up.

I didn’t know what to say. I was speechless. I just hugged him. “I love you.” I said to him.

“I love you, that’s why I didn’t tell you. I don’t care about Cara like that anymore. It just frustrated me she kept trying.” He said.