Chapter Twelve

I woke up and Vic was still asleep. I went downstairs and made coffee. I sat down at the table and scrolled through everything on my phone. People were sending me links to the videos from last night and I couldn’t help but smile while watching them.

Vic came downstairs, kissed me on the cheek and said “Good morning, beautiful.” He poured a cup of coffee and sat across from me. “Are you ready for tonight?” He asked.

“Tonight?” I said puzzled.

“Remember I told my mom we’d go over there tonight?” He said.

“Oh yeah!” I exclaimed. “Uh hopefully I’ll be ready by then.”

“I know they’re gonna love you, don’t be so nervous. They’re far from intimidating.” He took my hand.

“I hope you’re right.” I said. I wanting to stop thinking about it since it was making me go crazy, so I changed the topic. “You have to see the videos everyone’s tweeting me from last night. They loved your surprise.” 

He smiled, “They all really love that song and I really love you.”

“You’re so cute.” I said to him, I got up and walked around the table behind him wrapping my arms around him. 

“No that’s you.” He turned around to me.

“You’re quite the charmer, anyone ever tell you that?” I smiled.

“Yes actually. The difference is I actually want it to work on you.” He smirked.

“Don’t worry, it has been. Since day one.” I said.

I turned around and poured another cup of coffee and he came behind me and hugged me.

“Tomorrow we can just stay here all day until our flight.” He said.

“Sounds good to me.” I smiled. 

“I’m gonna take a shower, I’ll be down in a bit.” He said.

“Okay.” I said. I walked into the living room and his phone rang. I didn’t want to look but I did just in case it was Mike or Jaime. I pressed the lock button and saw:

-Cara

1 iMessage

Cara. His ex girlfriend Cara? What? He told me about Cara, but not much. He just said it ended weirdly and they were good, it was just different. I just wondered if they have been talking lately or if this was out of nowhere. It made my heart sink into my stomach. It was probably nothing, just me overthinking. I decided to just rewatch those videos and reply to fans tweets since it made me pretty happy.

Vic came downstairs and grabbed his phone but didn’t look at it yet. He put it in his pocket and walked out the back door. I just acted like I didn’t see anything and just continued looking through my phone. My phone started vibrating and I had three iMessages from Nicole:

-FaceTime me later!

-it’s important 

-but remember we’re in different time zones!

I replied

-Sure!! What’s up?

She answered pretty quickly:

-It’s big news! I’ll tell you later.

I put my phone to the side and Vic came back into the house and sat next to me. He put his arm around me. “Mike’s coming with us tonight. Don’t stress too much, please.” 

“I’m trying,” I said. “Worrying and over-analyzing situations are kinda my thing.”

“I can tell.” His voice trailed off.