Chapter Eighteen

I heard a knock on the door. Tony ran to open it up.

“Oh my god guys!” Tony shouted. “They’re here!” 

All of us went over to the door to greet them.

I hugged the two of them and pretended to be listening to Mike and Nicole’s conversation. I was too preoccupied. Vic and Nicole were talking too, which was nice to see. I was just zoned out the whole time with this huge knot in my stomach. We watched the game and then they left. The second they walked out the door I knew Vic was gonna ask if he could talk to me and I was right, cause two minutes after they left he said, “Can I talk to you for minute.”

“Sure.” I said pretending like I wasn’t nervous as fuck.

“Hold on, not in here.” He took my hand and led me into his room.

“We need to talk about the other night.”

“Vic, I thought we already talked about this.” I said. 

“No, we didn’t talk about everything.” He said.

“What do you mean everything?” My heart was racing.

“I don’t want you to hate me.” He said.

“Why would I hate you?” I said.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” He said on the verge of tears, “I didn’t mean it. I don’t lknow why I did it.”

“Did what?” I asked. “What did you do?”

My thoughts were all over the place. 

“It didn’t mean anything.” He said. “I swear.”

“Vic.” I said with tears forming in my eyes.

“I’m sorry.” He said. He walked towards me and I backed away.

“You cheated on me.” I said in astonishment.

“It was a kiss.” He said. “She kissed me. I didn’t think much of it then, but I didn’t stop her.”

“Are you fucking kidding me? Vic I don’t even fucking know what to say right now.” I walked out of the room.

I walked into the living room and Jaime tried talking to me but I ignored what he was saying. I walked out and I knew he was coming after me. I got outside of the building and just started walking. I didn’t have a plan on where I was headed, but I knew he was gonna follow me and he was the last person I wanted to see. I walked for a couple of blocks and started running when I saw the park in the distance. I ran into it and sat on a bench. I curled myself up into a ball and just cried. I felt him sit down next to me.

“Daniella.” He said, “I know I’m the last person you want to be near right now but I need to tell you about how much I fucking love you. I tell you every single day, I’ve written seven songs about how much I love you, I moved across the country because I love you and I’m a complete asshole. I don’t know how to make this up to you. It meant nothing I swear, it was just a peck. God, I’m so fucking stupid. I finally found someone I’d do anything for and I completely fucked it up.”

We sat there together and he watched me crying. I know he was sorry but it doesn’t make everything okay.

“It’s getting dark, come on. We shouldn’t be here.” He said.

“Vic, you’re the last fucking person I wanna go anywhere with.” I managed to get out between sobs.

“I know, but I’m not leaving you here.” He said.

“You know what sucks the most about this? I can’t even trust you when you’re in the same fucking city. How could I trust you in another country or even another fucking state?”