Chapter Fourteen

Vic and I woke up at around 3 and went across the street to get coffee. The advantage of living in Manhattan is that there was a Starbucks or some sort of coffee place on pretty much every block. We sat in Starbucks and just drank our coffee. Vic was telling me all about his ideas for the new album. Every time he talked about it he sounded like a kid in a candy store, it made him really happy. 

We walked into the apartment and Tony said, “Day one in New York! What are we doing today?”

“Anything you guys want.” I said.

“We don’t know what to do that’s the problem” Jaime said.

“It’s a big city, I think you guys can find something to do.” I said.

“I don’t know I just wanna drink and smoke.” Mike said.

I laughed. 

“Tonight we could go to that bar we went to the last time we came here.” Vic said.

“Yes!” Mike exclaimed. 

“Maybe I can get a few of my friends to come hang out there” I said.

“I’m down.” Tony said.

“I’m gonna go home and see my parents and bring everything back.” I said, “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Wait, I’ll come!” Vic said.

“You sure about that?” I asked.

“Yes, I’m sure.” He said.

“Okay then.” I said.

We grabbed my stuff and got a taxi. We got into Brooklyn pretty fast. We pulled up infront of my house and my heart started racing. I knew my parents were gonna be complete assholes to Vic. 

I opened the door and my parents were sitting in the living room. “Hi.” I said.

“Daniella!” My mom screamed.

“Hey.” My dad said.

“This is Vic.” I said.

“Hi Vic.” My mom said.

My dad didn’t say a word. He just gave him a look. My parents hate boys already. They hate older guys more than anything else.

I’m just gonna go put this upstairs I’ll be back in two seconds. I ran upstairs leaving Vic with my parents, probably not the best idea I’ve had. I ran back downstairs and said, “Well we’re gonna go to Bensonhurst to see Elena and Natalie for a little. And I have to pick up Alex” 

“Really? You just got here.” My mom said.

Vic looked uncomfortable. Shit.

“Yeah, sorry. I’ll be home later.” I said.

We walked out the front door.

“What’d I miss?” I asked Vic.

“Just a little awkward silence and weird looks.” He said. “Are we actually going to see your friends?” 

“Yeah, I made plans to see them for a bit before I knew you were coming.” I said.

“Oh.” He replied, “I can always go back to the apartment.” 

“No no no no. I want you to come.” I said.

“You sure?” He asked.

“Of course I am.” I kissed him.

“Okay.” He smiled.

I pulled out of the driveway and we headed over to Alex’s house. As we pulled up infront of her house she came out with a huge smile on her face. She got into the car and screeched, “Daniella!”