Chapter Eleven

"Hello." She smiled at me, "I’m looking for my son, Victor."

“Um hi Mrs. Fuentes! Vic’s asleep I’ll go get him now.” I said before I turned around and ran up the stairs into the bedroom. 

“Vic, wake up! Your mom’s here.” I shook him.

“What?” He said while rubbing his eyes.

“Uh I just met your mom cause she’s here, she’s downstairs right now.” I said. 

“Shit.” Vic said as he got up and walked down the stairs. 

Good to know I wasn’t the only one with that reaction. That was just a tad bit awkward, actually more than that. It was really awkward actually. I was expecting it to be Jaime, Tony or Mike. Not Vic’s mom. I put my hair up in a pony tail, changed my shirt, put on pants and ran downstairs.

“So mom this is Daniella, my girlfriend.” Vic said as he looked at me come down the stairs.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Mrs. Fuentes.” I said to her.

“Oh stop! Call me Vivian!” She gave me a big hug and I looked at Vic who was behind her giving me a thumbs up. “I just wanted to come by to see if you got home okay, I’m going over to Mike’s next. I was gonna stay by a bit longer, but I see you have company. She winked at Vic. “Your father and I want to spend a day with you two this week, it’s becoming more rare that we see our sons.” She said to Vic.

“We will, how about tomorrow?” He smiled.

“Okay, good.” Vivian said. “Give Mike the heads up that I’m on my way, Vic. And Daniella, it was very nice to meet you.” She smiled and walked out the front door.

“I really wasn’t expecting that.” Vic said.

“Me either, I answered the door and my heart dropped. That was probably the worst first impression I’ve ever made in someone.” I said.

“How?” Vic asked.

“I don’t really know, it just doesn’t seen like it looked to good to me.” I looked down. 

“It’s okay.” Vic smiled. “She thinks you’re very pretty and she knows how I feel about you.”

“Man, I was upstairs getting dressed for a good fifteen minutes to try to look decent and I missed all of that talk?” I winked at him. I walked over towards him and wrapped my arms around him. “I love you.” I said as I looked up at him. 

“I love you more.” He looked down at me. “We have three days left in San Diego before we go to New York, what do you wanna do?”

“I don’t know. This isn’t my city, man.” I kissed him.

“Well I have a few ideas.” He smirked.

I laughed. Then phone started to ring.

“Hey Kellin.” Vic said.

I really wanted to know what Kellin was saying.

“Yeah, man. Of course! It’s been a long time since we did.” Vic said to him then hung up the phone. “Guess what!” He said excitedly.

“What?” I asked.

“One of the dudes in one of the opening bands on his tour got really sick and can’t perform tonight and he wants us to take their spot for tonight to let him rest. We’re gonna perform King For A Day and we’ll put together a set fast. It’s gonna be so rad.” He smiled.

“I’m happy for you guys.” I smiled. 

“Let me call the guys!” He yelled as he run upstairs. That call made his eyes light up so bright, and made his smile glow.