Chapter Nineteen

I woke up for class and didn’t have the energy or motivation to move out of bed. Vic was asleep and I wanted to talk to him but I decided to just save it for later. The day flew by since I was really trying to focus on my work to get my mind off of Vic.

My last class ended and went to my dorm to pick up whatever I had brought over there last night and bring it back over to Vic’s. I think that him seeing my stuff there will just make him feel a little more secure, at least that’s what I’m hoping.

I sat on Vic’s bed doing my homework and just waiting for him to get home. I figured I should avoid going to the studio for a while.

I heard the four of them come into the apartment around 7:30. I was almost done with my work.

Vic came into the room.

“How long have you been here?” He asked.

“Since I got out of class.” I responded.

“You should’ve came by for a little bit.” He said.

“I don’t know, I had a lot of work and I didn’t want to bother you.” I said.

“Daniella, you never bother me. I like having you there, I may be nervous as hell but I want you there.”

I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him. He smiled, but it wasn’t his normal smile. It was a weak, kinda “halfway there” smile.

As much as I was hurting, I couldn’t stand to see him hurt. I’m trying to stay strong enough for the both of us.

“I’m almost done with this, I have like three sentences left. Maybe, we can go get coffee or something?” I asked him. 

“I’d like that.” He said.

He put his hand on my leg and watched me write the last couple of sentences of the paper.

“Let’s go.” I said grabbing his hand and throwing my book on the bed.

“Where are you guys going?” Tony asked.

“We’ll be back.” Vic said.

We got into the lobby and I held his hand. He smiled.

He kissed my cheek as we walked. I sucked at holding grudges, I knew the second I saw him smile I’d forget about all of it.

We walked into the coffee shop, ordered and sat down with our drinks.

“I wrote another song for you.” He said looking off into the distance.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He smiled, “but this one’s different.”

“How?”

“This is just for you. No one else but you to hear.” He said.

“What?” I was so confused.

“It’s not for the record, it’s yours. Only you can hear it.”

“Why?”

“It’s more personal then the rest. And I want you to know how much I love you and how much of a fucking asshole I am.” He answered.

“I love you.” I said reaching for his hand on the table, “Nothing’s gonna change that.”

“You’re just saying that for my sake. I know you, Daniella. You’re trying to make it seem like this isn’t bothering you as bad as it is. I know you as well as I know myself.” He said.

I didn’t know what to say because it was the truth.

“You’re right. That’s one thousand percent true, but I’m trying to get past this. I can’t get past it if you keep dwelling on it like this.” I said.