Chapter 12

I can't stop thinking about the vision thing that I had last week. It's been bugging me so much that I even started to dream about the tattoo and what it could possibly mean. He was going to tell me he said "Your" But was rudely interrupted. Maybe he meant "Your moms name?", "Your cat" I don't know. I let out an exasperated sigh and leap off my bed to search for Kristian. Carlos is at school today, meaning I had all day to annoy Kristian with questions about the tattoo that he may have or could have had. I tie my long hair up into a pony and change into a long shirt and shorts and stay bare footed as usual. "Kristian!" I shout. He was nowhere in sight. I checked the pool indoor and the one outdoor. I checked outside, I checked his room and his car was here. I tried calling his phone but it kept going straight to voicemail. I stop calling and head down to the only place that he could possibly be in. I opened the double doors to the dance studio and find Kristian dancing to the song that we had battled to. He was wearing a white shirt and grey sweats with sneakers. He hadn't noticed that I was here yet. He continued dancing putting all his strength into the moves. He moved like he was hurt or inspired or maybe both. Finishing with a bboy type of handstand; once he was back on his feet he turned around and shook startled, when he was me. "Hey Monique, I didn't notice you there." I smile. "Yeah, I just walked in." I lie. "Oh, so what's up?" He grabs a small white towel from a top of the radio and wipes his neck and his sweat filled face. "Um..." I begin. "Do you have a tattoo?" I decide to flat out ask. Kristian stops wiping his face and stares at me intently and confused. I knew it, it was just me daydreaming, he doesn't have a tattoo it's only me. "Actually never mind, that was probably stupid and random." I turn around to leave the room, "Wait" Kristian shouts and I stop in my tracks. He removes his shirt right in front me and turns around. Just like the vision I had, it was in the exact same spot and looks exactly the same. I caress the letters carefully, they looked like this, "莫尼克" Just three little thingies with "永遠の愛" They looked so nice. "What do they mean?" I ask. Kristian freezes up. He throws back on his shirt and walks away from me. "Um was that too personal or something?" Kristian still doesn't say anything. Instead he ignores me, with his back facing towards me as he gathered up his things. "Kristian , please tell me." This time he shakes his head no. I sigh, "Why, I know that you told me before, why can't you just tell me again." "Because it's not the same." He finally says. "How so?" I walk up closer to him and he stops what he is doing but still doesn't look at me. "A lot has changed since then." I am not going to drop this. Today Kristian is going to explain to me why I keep having visions about him. About us. "That doesn't matter just tell me what the tattoo means; it looks almost like mine so there must be some kind of connection." Kristian ignores me yet again. I have had enough, so I whip Kristian around and yell in his face, "What is your tattoo!" "Your name!" Kristian yells back and I step away, taken aback by what he had just said. Letting it all register in my brain. "What..." I whisper in shock. He doesn't say anything more; instead he turns on the balls of his heels and exits the room hastily.

It takes me a minute before I'd realize that he had exited and I hurry on after him once I realize that he was gone. "Kristian !" I yell, but he only walks faster. "Kristian !" I yell again, trying to gain on him but he is sprinting up the stairs now. When at the top he attempts to slam his door shut, but I stop it with my foot just in time. "Not so fast." I say, shoving through the door. "What do you want from me exactly?" he pleads.

"Answers." I demand.

"You lost your memories of course you do but not all at once."

"Ugh, why can't you just tell me what the hell went on with us."

"Seriously Monique you can be so stubborn!" I tilt my head to the side as if saying how so. "What do you want to know that you and I dated for three years, that I have known you half my life or how you were my first love? Do you want to remember that you were my first heartbreak? That I loved you so much that it consumed me that I even went as far as getting a damn tattoo with your name? How about that I was going to propose to you this one day but lost that chance." Kristian spat, with pain being shown on his face. I stood in his room speechless and guilty. Maybe that was a bad idea, forcing all that information out of him. My mouth opens to say something but closes right away when I couldn't think of something to say. That tattoo on his back was my name. My name. What else could I possibly say?

"Kristian I─" I am cut off by a sudden explosion. It sends both Kristian and I flying. I hit the ground hard, letting the darkness drag me in.