Chapter 18

That was a longer walk than Dylan had stated. It took us forty minutes to get here; I don't think that I have ever walked so far in my life. My ankles are so rigid and ache out of over exhaustion. If I take one more step then I think I might collapse flat on my face. I stop and lean against the pole just as we neared the building. "One sec, I can barely feel my legs," I say.

"Aw come on cupcake, just a few more steps, look, the building is right there." I glanced up in the direction of where Kristian was pointing and smiled out of relief. There stood a body guard withholding a clipboard upon a rather bright red carpet, behind a velvet rope.

"Alright let me do all the talking, these body guards can be a real pain in the ass, especially when you don't have a ticket into the show." Both Kristian and I nodded and trailed right behind her as we approached the relatively large African American body guard. Even though we are technically the same decent I still felt kind of intimidated being in his presence, probably having something to do with his size and that if I were to fight him I'd lose. So the fact that he is superior to me or has this kind of dominance over me compels me to wanna stay away, so I trail far back away from the guard's sight, behind both Kristian and Dylan.

"Well hello there uh..." Dylan tilts her head to the side, probably trying to decipher his name tag. "─Luc-ifia-sco?" I couldn't help but snort and then I placed my head down to hide myself. "Just call me Lucas, now name?" Lucas doesn't even glance away from his clipboard as he asks. "Dylan Colmenro, Daughter of Demetria Colmenro."

"You're not on the list." Lucas says instantly. Dylan breaks into hysterics right after and this finally causes Lucas to remove his gaze from the clipboard. Wondering what could be so funny about her name not being on the list. "Look, my mother is inside, just call her out and she'll explain this whole misunderstanding."

"I can't do that Miss Colmenro."

"Fine then just let me in; you must see the resemblance between my mother and I."

"Look Miss I am not going to ask you again."

Dylan was just about to release her inner demon but I'd found the urge to thrust myself in front of her so I could try and reason with the body guard.

"Clementine, finally you're here!" Lucas shouts. I turn around to assure that Lucas wasn't talking to someone else. However, he was talking to me alright.

"Uh yes I was trying to hide behind my friends, so they could sneak me in. I didn't want anyone noticing that I am late." Hopefully that's a good cover.

"Come with me I will show you to the change room and you two enter the door on the life, you can sit with the audience." Without saying anything else, the bouncer steps aside and unclips one side of the velvet rope, allowing us to hastily enter.

I sit in a chair, in front of a mirror and watch as a Caucasian female with platinum hair work through the half of hair that remained on my head.

"Damn, what the hell did you do to your hair?"

"Uh it got caught in my fan." I look up in the mirror and watch as the stylist cringes.

"Ouch."

I thought my hair looked badass though, guess not.

Once the lady was done, I gawked at my appearance in astonishment. I don't think I have ever looked so beautiful. Whoever designed this dress did an excellent job. What I wear is an elegant strapless, aqua dress, which exposed the tattoos on my back; it is slim from my breasts to my low waist and then flowed beautifully into peacock feathers; that were green and aqua in color. The material felt amazing; it felt like legit bird feathers. The peacock feathers dragged on the floor about a meter behind me as I tried walking in the dress. Then there was my make up; I have eyeshadow that was half yellow but faded into green for the other half of my eye. Then for my hair it is curled and my side bangs drape over my face, covering the left side of my face.