Inside our heads

So, you took me on a date last night? Man, what a night. Out of the ordinary, unpredictable, unbelievable. High class dinner in a five star restaurant? Nah. A night on the sandy plain right next to the sea. Yeah. A date at the beach. Pretty interesting, isn't it? You held my hand tightly as we treaded the cold sand walking barefoot. The waves crashed onto the shore, leaving behind beautiful seashells. You knew I loved seashells. Maybe that's why you knelt to the ground and picked up one. Looks like you already kept it there for me. Or maybe or hid that gorgeous diamond ring in your other hand.

You knelt to the ground and my heart started to race. You asked, "Will you marry me?" My heart skipped a beat. After all, I got to hear something I had only heard in my imagination. Normal girls would've said yes, right? Or maybe, slapped you if they wanted to say a no? But I'm different. I knelt to the ground too. I could see your face lose expressions. Blank and bolt to the blue. I held your hands and kissed them. "How can I not?" I cried. You smiled. You brought your head close and cuddled your nose with mine. I couldn't help blushing. My cheeks turned rosy, and an ear to ear smile lit up on my face as you took my hand and kissed it after passing down the ring you had bought for me.

We stood up. And started walking down the shore, slowly and gradually. In an instant, the winds became rough. It was like a storm approaching us, which only lasted a second. But it passed shivers down my spine. I was scared. You held me close to your chest tightly. I felt protected. Really, very protected. I hadn't been any more secure in my life until yesterday.

The storm ended in a glimpse. But I didn't want to let go of you even hours after  it. It felt so good. So, so good. It gives me goosebumps when I think about it. That moment, ah. Took my breath away. Still does, honestly.

Well, well. In a minute or so, I had to let go of you. The sun had gone to bed but the twilight changed colours soon after. From pink to purple to navy-bluish. With every new hue, lit up an even brighter star, present on the occasion to witness our new life. You asked me if I wanted to sit down. "Yes please." I replied, sounding a bit too fatigued.

You knew I was tired. You lay down on the white sandy beach. Your arm was spread out. I knew it was for me. I lay down right next to you. Man, that feeling. My heart would've leapt out of my chest if you would've pulled me a bit closer. And it did, when you pulled me by the waist and kissed my forehead. We lay there on the sandy beach, cuddling with each other at different intervals.

The view out there was  breath taking too, but that night, I was lost in you. Deeply, madly, completely lost in you. Your face, your eyes, that hairy chest. I fell in love with every single bit of your body, but more with every single bit of your soul. 

We spent the night together, lying on the cold sandy beach. The sun woke up in front of us. The purplish-pink sky, the chirping birds. Such a beautiful morning, ah. But you know what made it more beautiful? Your presence. So, as the sun woke up, we had to wake up too. But this one night that I spent with you, was full of excitement and love.

We stood up and I wondered what you'd do next. You came up to me and said, "So much happened tonight, hmm?" "Yeah... But do you know the sad part about it?" "What?" "All of this happened inside our heads..."