Can you?

You met after six months today. Six months since I've been waking up craving for cigarettes and your texts. There was an unusual smile on your face; the one that never occurred during my presence perhaps. You seemed relaxed. And you told me to relax too. "Forget it. Move on. You've got better stuff to focus on girl."

Well, I'll forget it. But how about you tell me this: how can you forget someone you're reminded of every time you look at your body, noticing all those scars they left & all those places they kissed. You can't cut off those body parts, can you?

How can you forget someone you're reminded of every time you walk in the gallery, which was your safest spot for speaking to them. You can't separate the gallery from the house, or their memories from the gallery, can you?

How can you forget someone you're reminded of every time you watch the sun set, changing hues? You always wished they were by your side & you chatted for hours, having them tell you how you're far more beautiful than the breathtaking sunset. You can't stop the sun from setting that way, or thinking about all those compliments that turned out to be lies, can you?

How can you forget someone you're reminded of every time you can't sleep just because their's is the good night kiss you've been longing for since forever? You can't stop imagining things you wished would happen, or forget that you were always bidden a good night with a caress and a kiss on your forehead, can you?

How can you forget someone you're reminded of every time you eat your favourite pasta because you stayed up till 4 am explaining them how they'd cook it? You can't stop mom from cooking pasta, or looking at recipes which remind you of their exotic taste in food, can you?

How can you forget someone you're reminded of every time you see the colour blue just because it's their favourite colour all thanks to their patriotism? You can't help staying in the same country and not loving it, or witnessing the same flag every time you open your history book, can you?

How can you forget someone you're reminded of every time you hear that favourite rock song on the radio that once used to be our mutual favourite? You can't win against your sister who's a music freak like you once were, or pull out the radio and throw it right out of the window, can you?

My list of questions goes on and on. I know you can't answer any of these. Maybe because half of these don't make sense to anyone and maybe because half of these don't wish to make sense to you. And oh yes, if you really can answer these, please do. And I'll promise to forget you.