"Was Life Good Without Me?"

"Life was good without me, wasn't it? Just say yes or no, I just wanna know..." After 3 months of my arrival back in the city, you texted this. I had to say yes, for no was no longer a choice. You smiled, "I'm glad it was." We both lied that night, didn't we?

Before you knocked on the door of my life, my world had been grim and grey. The sun didn't set changing hues, nor did the stars appear incredibly angelic on the sapphire sky. But your entrance had changed everything drastically. The sun danced across the sky daily and set in an adorably beautiful manner. Sometimes I wondered if you were an artist or a magician. And trust me, ever since you've left, I dread resting my eyes upon the sky, for I feel I shall break and disappear, just like a comet or a meteor. And you ask me, "Was life good without me?" I say nothing but a yes.

Before you came, I had never listened to English music, not even once. But as you started suggesting, Alessia Cara's songs soon turned into favourites and gradually into the only ones in my playlist. And now, whenever I miss you, I listen to them; only to miss you a bit more. A part of me breaks when I hear the lyrics you dedicate to me and I lie on my bed, tears flowing down my cheeks, wishing how you I could hear you say those words again. And you ask me,"Was life good without me?" I say nothing but a yes.

Blue colour was my most favourite. Because I had a crazy likeness for the sapphire sky. However, as you told me that you loved red, my favourites soon began to change. I'd prefer red over blue, just like you'd do, only to please you. My wardrobe is full of red dresses but I wear the same five ones on repeat, because every inch of anything that's red reminds me of nothing but you. And you ask me,"Was life good without me?" I say nothing but a yes.

I was a couch potato since birth. All I'd do was eat, sleep, study. I abhorred sports. But ever since you told me you loved David, I started watching and playing football. I supported Spain even though I had no idea how it played or who it comprised of. All I knew was that you supported it, and I needed no better excuse. And you ask me,"Was life good without me?" I say nothing but a yes.

Pasta never tasted good till the day you told me how you loved it. That became my dinner every day almost. But now that you have left, it tastes worse than before, so they now taste like nothing but hurt. Every time I visit your favourite restaurant, I see it on the menu card and it reminds me of how you loved them. Trust me, ever since then, I haven't eaten anything that even tastes like it, for your thoughts make it difficult to eat and a bit more difficult to breathe. And you ask me,"Was life good without me?" I say nothing but a yes.

You told me that my picture in the cyan dress looked just so kissable. It was my profile picture on every app since that day. But ever since you have left, I've deactivated all my accounts and deleted all my pictures, for every picture I looked at, it reminded me of the cute compliments you gave me. I feel like yelling out loud, but my tongue seems to have frozen. I can hardly utter a word. All I wish to hear is those words from you again, even though I'm certain they were all white lies. And you ask me, "Was life good without me?" I say nothing but a yes.

We both know, life just wasn't that good without each other.