A Letter to Me (I)

Dear broken heart,

I don't know what makes me write to you at this hour of the night. But hey, I just wanted to say that if you've been hurt, I feel you. But you know, expectations do hurt and you know why? When people fail to fulfil them. And don't you think my darling that they fail because they didn't want to. They failed because when they entered the game, they knew it's not their cup of tea. Because you, sweetheart, aim high and expect higher.

If you have been cheated upon, remember my dear, people cheat when they realise they can't cover you up in sheets. Because you are a bird that soars high and isn't caught with in seconds.

If you've ever been lusted, remember there are people who don't know how to kiss souls. And that's why while you're reading this, they are kissing someone else's body.

If you've ever looked at your tears and smiled away, remember darling, not everyone has the power to do that. This power has been gifted to a brave heart like yours.

So put your head up, and smile. Remember that your happiness is your possession and no one can steal it from you. Get up, get dressed. Remember, there's someone out there who smiles all day at your beauty. Work up, let success and fame be your goal. Remember, you have an art and you need to prove these people wrong.

But don't ever forget those who hurt you. Never. Because one day when you are shining like a star in the sky and they're crying over the gem they've lost, you'll have some scars to smile at, and some tears to laugh at.

Love,
A mender of broken hearts